Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
the Greeks are very nice and friendly people, your hotel apparently is a fair walk from the main resort area and beach, see review

you should be able to find some nice quieter bars and taverners in that area [not familiar with Falaraki myself] but im sure you will be fine and i hope other members will chip in with some thoughts

yasus
wizard
also here you will find the members resort reports

and things to do from a trusted web site

yasus
wizard
Oh bless you, I bet you will have a great time. We found everyone to be so friendly when we went to Rhodes (to Lindos) and although I travelled with my partner and young child we were not glued to each others sides for the 2 weeks and neither my partner nor I felt any issue with being on our own. I often would have dinner just my daughter and I in a resturant and people were nothing but lovely and my partner would head to the bar to watch tennis and experienced nothing but friendliness. I spent many a happy afternoon sunbathing alone on the beach and had no bother.

I think more and more people travel alone, its much more accepted. Obviously you need to take care to keep safe (you dont say, I dont think if you are male or female) and perhaps if going out for the day you could let the hotel reception know when you expect to be back. But go and have a great time, particuarly if there are things going on here that mean you really could do with a break away. You have no one to please but yourself, I am very envious!
Wizard , your trusted web site on things to do is way way out of date. The camp site closed many years ago . There is now a garden centre where it used to be located. Surprizingly contary to your trusted web site THERE ARE NO INDIAN RESTAURANTS in Faliraki.
Further comment on your trusted web site. It is supposed to be part of Hays Travel. There does however appear to be a problem. Attempts to use both the email & contact us links produce error messages. I was trying to let them know of the errors I mentioned.
I have been going to Rhodes with company and on my own for many years since I was widowed. I have nevr felt threatened or nervous, the Greeks are a friendly lot.I hope you have a lovely time----------------I'm sure you will.
Sorry I should have said im a male. 50% of me wants to go and the other half says no just stay at home.

In all honesty I think im more worried about being lonely with no one to talk too! Im just hoping there will be other like minded people and not just big groups of young lads.

I did phone Olmypic earlier asking about cancelations however they said I will loose the whole cost of the holiday if I did. Hmmm anyone want a last minute bargain?
Go and enjoy yourself. The greeks are great and are good fun. There's bound to be a gang of girls there somewhere you can latch yourself on too. No seriously though hubby always goes off to watch football e.t.c while i'm lounging by the pool, and always finds someone to talk too.
I agree with the others, go for it, you'll only regret it if you don't!

Not only are the locals a friendly bunch but there always seems to be some sort of comdradery with Brits abroad. People are far more friendly on holiday, even on your own you'll always find somebody to have a drink/chat with and isn't it nice when the only person you have to please is yourself?

I've met lots of people that have booked holidays alone and been aprehensive but once out there they loved it. A lady i met in May was on her first holiday alone and was a little worried so only booked a week - she regretted it the minute she arrived and has booked for two weeks this September :cheers
Hopefully you are on your way! Let us know how you got on when you return
i will have to knock that one off my list and look for some more...... sorry for the misinformation, and thanks to those who have made the point

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.