Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi,

We took our children to The Riu Palace Macao & they loved it! They were 6 & 12. We are off to the Ocean Blue in May but the kids wanted to go back to the Macao! Unfortunatly it was too expensivefor us this time as my son is now classed as an adult & we needed a suite. I am sure you will love it there, the personal service they offer is the best I have had & they loved the kids. There isn't a kids club but the pool is lovely.
You can eat & drink at all the other hotels except the Palace PC but you can use there pool, well worth a walk up the beach! If you speak to the manager at the Macao he may give you a pass for the Palace PC, we had one so that we could have lunch there one day.
Please don't worry, go & have a fab time, I wish I was going back there!
If there is anything else you want to know just ask!

Debs :cheers
Thanks Debs, my mind is put at rest now.

Do they provide pool towells or should I take some?

If there is anything else you think it would be worth me knowing then please share your advice.

Thank you so much

Sandie
Hi Sandie,

There is a Towel Hut by the Pool, so you don't need to take your own unless you wan't to of course. You can exchange them as many times as you like throughout the day. The hut also has a book exchange/borrow which is handy! Tell your children there is a Mr Whippy type Ice Cream machine in the Pool bar that you can just help yourself to. My kids loved it!
There is no worries getting up at dawn for a sunbed as they have guys on the beach who get your bed & cushions for you!
We wanted a seaview room so we emailed ahead the week before, we did get one on the top floor, the room was lovely as it had a vauted ceiling, the only downside was the fact that for us it was a bit too high up when you have children. There were optics in the room with bottles of Vodka/Gin/whisky/Rum & mixers in the fridge Coke/tonic/sprite there was also an Ice bucket & Ice machines on each landing.

Thats all I can think of but if there is anything else jus ask....

Dx :sun2
Hi Deb

My children will be so happy about the ice cream machine, funnily enough they keep asking me if there will be ice creams and I told them no as have not seen any info about this so this will make them so happy (the simple things is all they need).

We would like a seaview room but have seen a few posts saying the air cond was not so great on high rooms, did you find this?

Did you do any trips?, if so any recommendations on which to go on (my children are 11 & 8) would be great.

Thanks for the info

Sandie
Hi Sandie,

The aircon was just fine, not the coldest I have ever had but they also had a Huge ceiling fan too so it was always cool enough for us.
As for trips, we have never been on any, the kids always wanted to stay by the pool or beach & I must admit for me when I go on my holiday I am superglued to the sunbed for 2 weeks......Terrible really but it is so beautiful there I just wanted to soak up every min of it!
When are you going to PC? We are off on the 26th May for 2 weeks....

Anything else just ask!

Debs :sun2
We are also off 26th May, are you going back to PC?, if so where have you decided to stay?
Oh How strange! Who are you flying with? We are off to the Ocean Blue (with Thomas Cook) which is about 3 or 4 hotels down the beach to the right! We fly out of Gatwick at 11.55am on the 26th...

Debs x :cheers
Its a small world.

We also fly out of Gatwick but with Thomsons at 10.30.

I hope you have a fantastic time, how old are your children?
I wish we were flying with Thomson again! The flight time is much better! We won't arrive in Punta Cana till late afternoon :( which makes it a very long day! We live in Herne Bay in Kent so will have to leave about 7am.
My kids are 15 & 9, both can't wait & are counting down the days.........as I'm sure yours are. Have you been to Dom Rep before?

Dx :sun2
We live in Herts so will leave home around 5.30am.

My kids are looking forward to it, I was a little apprehensive as our friends pulled out but the more I look into it I think we will all have a great time especially with going along to the other hotels, its a shame they dont allow us to also eat at the Riu Palace as the Bambu I presume is closed, but we still have 2 other hotels to choose from. I only know that as we were booked to stay there and they moved us to the Palace Macao, I am presuming anyway that the Bambu will be totally closed.

We have never been to DR or in fact an all inclusive so will be a a great experience for us. (I cant wait to tell kids about ice cream machine, that will make there day) http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=143870#

Ive not even done this holiday yet and already looking for next year!!!!
This will be our 3rd trip to the Dom Rep (AI) We have also done AI in Kos, Rhodes, Egypt (last year) & also Cuba, the AI in the Med is nothing like the DR..........poor relation! We didn't like Cuba, the food & drink wasn't a patch on DR, something to do with the trade imbargo(sp?) with the USA. We always get pulled back to Punta Cana......for the price you can't beat it!
With regards to the restaurants, you have to eat your evening meal in your hotel. You have to choose which sitting either 6.30 or 9pm (I think), you get the same table & wait staff every night. I thought that was a bit strange but after the first day they remember you & what wine etc you drink & they even change the glasses to suit your choice! I drank Champagne (Cava) as did my parents, when we arrived at our table the glasses were always ready & red wine for my OH.....Fab sevice!
Lunch can be taken anywhere except the Palace PC. My Husband & I often went to the beachside Cafe over looking the beach in the Riu Taino next door. My parents always went into the main dinning room with the kids for a 3 course with Champage! (lol) The choices are endless really!

Debs x :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.