Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Riu Palace Macao reviews HERE and hotel website HERE if that helps :wink:
Pippy :D
Hi Everyone,

Have just book to go for two weeks to Riu Palace Macao in th Dom Rep. We are taking our two kids (12 & 7) & my parents who are in their early 60's.
Can anyone give us any tip, Best rooms/ restraunts/sunbed situation etc.?
We haven't stayed at a Riu hotel before so any feedback would be great.
Many thanks in advance
Debsx 8)
Hi There..4 adults (all 40), we satyed at the hotel in June 05..We loved the hotel, it is all inclusive, they have a main restaraunt inside, then 1 open outside by the pool 24/7..Have to say we all 4 had a burger from this place one night at around midnight, and we were all ill the next day(it was my birthday!)..we loved the place, the beach is fantastic, we sun bathed there evryday..Have to say i would of choose the Bambu next door seens you are taking your 2 children, it seemed alot more child friendly, with alot more things for kids too do..
The dining room is massive, it opens everynight first with a man standing outside its doors saying Good Evening in 40 languages, really nice to see.. There is entertainment most nights, it got full up pretty quickly so you need to eat your dinner fast if you wanted a seat..
We went to Ocean World 1 day, it cost around £140 each! as you have to get a small plane over there, and we had an encounter with the dolphins, you can swim with them but that was more money..it was worth it but not much at ocean world..then another day we went swimming with sharks, went out on a boat then you swam over to there enclosure, then you did have fun going back on the boat..
There is nowere to walk outside of the hotels, apart from going into the other Riu,s..We did go out on my birthday to a club, we got a taxi there, it was at another hotel afew miles down the road..
We really did like this hotel, rooms are really big, free mini bar, did help to put a dollar in there everyday then it got stocked up everyday!!
If you need anymore qustions please feel free to ask..
You will have a lovely time..
bye.. :D
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone from the UK has booked to go to the Riu Palace Macao for the last 2 weeks of Oct?
Most of the reviews seem to be from th US..........We are going with our 2 children & my parents!
The Riu Bambu seems to be more popular with the British but if anyone has any tips to pass on please do
Thanks in advance 8)
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there are Hairdryers in the bathrooms at the Riu Palace Macao? If so are they any good or should I take my own?

Thanks in advance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.