Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian State Railway is HERE, but I can't see any way of booking tickets, nor have I had any success with on-line agencies.

I suggest you go to a UK travel agent and see if they can assist.

I would recommend a first class sleeper and book all three bunks so you can have privacy. This is of course assuming they still have three bunk compartments!

An experience to be highly recommended.

Peter
Hi, you could try the following. http://www.seat61.com and if you scroll down on page, there are many more agancies at the bottom. Cheers Tonyt.
From the BDZ website (under Passenger Services>Ticketing Agencies), to which Peter linked:

1.1. SOFIA - railway information, tel. 02/ 931-11-11, 02/ 932-33-33
1.2. RAILWAY OFFICES
"¢ Central Station
- train tickets internal lines - tel. 02/ 932-22-70, 02/ 932-23-70
- sleepers internal lines - tel. 02/ 932-20-90

If you use a CPS service, such as 18866.com, calls to Bulgaria cost around 4.5p per minute from memory.

Baldur
we dont speak or understand the language.

Wonder what the chances are of finding someone who speaks English taking the call in the booking office?

Peter
Wonder what the chances are of finding someone who speaks English taking the call in the booking office?

Quite good in Sofia, I would suspect.
Dimebar, just had a reply from my Balkan rep friend, he has said, get a cab to Central Station and you will be able to book for any train of that day. there should be no problems due to time of year you are going. Cheers Tonyt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.