Hi guys

I would realy appreciate any advice you can offer on how to proceed.

I went on holiday to Turkey with my family back in May this year. The holiday it'self was absolutely fantastic. The problem only occured on arrival at the airport for our return flight home. After checking in we were told not to proceed through to departures as there was a delay on our aircraft. At this point they were unsure of how long the delay was but as an ex rep I knew that if we were not allowed through to departures we weren't talking about a couple of hours. I asked the reps for more info and they basically just shrugged their shoulders and said they would be in touch with us all in due course. I went off to speak to the ground handling agents at the airport (luckily i knew where to find them and who to speak to as well as being able to speak turkish or we would have had no info whatsoever.) I gleaned from them that the delay was likely to be over twelve hours and that we would need to go through to arrivals and our luggage would e on the carousel there for us. I advised the other holiday makers waiting and then went to speak to a rep. She knew nothing about it but went off to check. After an hour she confirmed that this was true and sent us off to deparftures. To cut along story short here we got all of our info from the ground agents and found out from them that we were to spend a night in a hotel and get our flight the next day.
We found out what to do and where to go and eventually arrived at the hotel around 5am roughly the dame time as were due to arrive back in the uk.
The reps were nowhere to be seen most of the time, they made arrangements to meet us and didn't turn up, we were unable to sleep as we had to keep checking for updates every 2-3 hours. All in all it was a horrendous time. We finally got back to uk 27 hours late. On arriving back home my 5 year old, my 72 yearold mother and my 19 month old all became uwell with extreme diarrohea(?sp) which was later confirmed as salmonella in the case of my daughter. I contacted thomas cook airways (who were our flight operator) and explained that our flight had been booked through AVRO (the ticketing agent) but that our complaint was with the service offered in resort by them so i was complaining directly to them.

Well our first response seemed to have totally ignored anything to do with the flight complaint and focussed on telling us that the hotel that we had stayed in had had no other complaints re salmonella. I duly contacted tyhem again to say that the complaint was relating to the hotel we had stayed in during the delay.
We had to wait another 28 days for a response, again not a satisfactory one. We contacted them again and complained again after another 28 days we rcieved an offer £220 compensation which we would only get if we could show that we had booked through them.

Anyone any ideas on what to do next? Obviously i am unhappy with this amount of compensation anyway as i feel that it is an insult. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dooful x