Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Help needed!!
13 Posts
Firstly this is a major change and you should be entitled to a refund so you can book something else.

Secondly what were the details of your original flight, times, the airport you were flying to etc.

Dave
I don't think it is a major change, but I won't find this out 'til tomorrow night so am just trying to find out for myself now.

Originally we were leaving at 20.20, arriving at Antalya airport at 03.20 - that was bad enough, it sounds like we're going to be arriving even later now.
AFAIK it's only a major change if it changes by more than 12 hours.
Surely changng airports from Humberside to Glasgow is a major change which is a journey of 260miles but then I am not a lawer.

Personally I would ring

ROS FERNIHOUGH,
TRAVEL LAW SOLICITOR
TEL: 01922 621114 or 0845 2262332 (local)

Ros offers free advice to members of this site, it would be best to know where you stand before talking to the holiday company so they can't fob you off. You may be able to obtain compensation or costs for the extra journey if you agree to accept.

Ros does not respond to posts on this site so it must be a phone call.

Dave
Dave .. as I am reading it, the flight is now scheduled to operate via Glasgow, rather than from Glasgow. So whilst the flight duration will obviously be longer, it may not constitute a major change. Many airlines stipulate in booking conditions that flights may be consolidated for operational reasons, such as poor load factors. I believe this sort of problem has been cropping up lately in our Bulgaria and Turkey forums.

hcafc_laura ... is the flight operated by Thomas Cook Airlines ? If so, you may like to post in the Thomas Cook thread in this forum, and someone may be able to check the schedule for you. If possible, quote your outward and return dates and flight numbers, in case the return flight is also operating via Glasgow.

David :wave
I'm presuming these are the right numbers, although I don't really know what I'm looking for, as I said this is our first holiday without parents.

Humb - (Glasgow:evil:) - Antalya - XQ763 - 01 July
Return Flight - XQ764 - 15 July
Yes they seem to be the flight codes. XG is the airline code for Sun Express, who are a Turkish airline. They are actually part of the Thomas Cook group, and operate a modern fleet of aircraft. More information about them can be found on their website http://www.sunexpress.de/english/sunexpress-goes-london_100126_0.html. Don't be alarmed that your flight isn't shown on their website. The website is for selling their scheduled flights, your route isn't there as its a charter flight exclusively for Thomas Cook/jmc/Sunset Holidays.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do about the change of plans except grin and bare it, it probably doesn't count as a major change. It does happen a fair bit from regional airports, if bookings aren't good the tour operator will combine 2 flights into one.

It may be worth phoning your travel agent who sent you the letter and have a bit of a moan. Explain you are not happy etc etc, you probably won't get anything, but they may refund any flight supplements you paid as a goodwill gesture
David thanks for correcting me, I had misread the original post and now see what you see.

Thanks

Dave
I'm not sure if I have joined this too late, but the way I read the original posters message was that they would still be flying out of Humberside, but would be making a landing in Glasgow, and then onto Turkey itself.

I'm assuming this is to fill the aircraft to capacity. So, I'm not sure if it is a "major change", although if this extends your overall time in the air, I guess it is. I'm just a tad confused.
Jings!
What a funny route to take to Turkey :shock: :shock: :shock:
good point there dotchas. It would be more logical to combine the flight from Humberside with a flight from an airport close to Humberside-Turkey flight path. Only thing I can think of is it's an airline based in UK which doesn't have flights from airports close to flght path from UK-Turkey?
Thanks for your replies everyone.

I've seen the letter now.

We're leaving half an hour earlier and getting into Turkey one hour later :x Hopefully we'll sleep on the plane so our first day there isn't wasted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.