Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Really suggest you look into the Coral Hilton in Nuweiba. Nice, clean sandy beach, very safe sea with snorkelling off the beach in shallow water or attractive reefs a little way up the beach. Play area, two pools with separate kids sections. Good dive centre on site who mostly do dive training from the hotel beach - no need for boats.
Do consider, in summer around the Red Sea the sun is so hot that playing on the beach is a bit of a no-go, the sand gets too hot.
Only downside is Nuweiba is very quiet, not really any night life off the hotel complex. Suits me, but for you..?
All inclusive deals around £700/fortnight.
Just got back from all inclusive LTI Grand Azure in Sharm, (available in First Chouce, Thomas Cook, Thomson, Cosmos and others - so shop around for best price). Our kids are 10 and 14.

We think this is a fabulous hotel for families, it has three pools, the main one is stunning. There are several water slides to suit all ages. The staff love kids and are so helpful. Hotel is spotlessly clean.

Amazing snorkelling off the beach - the first bit is a lagoon and is shallow and then it shelves off suddenly into the open sea, 25 meters deep at the edge of the reef. Loads of beautiful fish both large and small.

The 'Billiard bar' with pool and table tennis is a great place for the kids to make friends and 'hang out!' Fresh baked pizza's, kebabs, chips etc are available during day from beach snack bar and pool snack bar.

Food is very good overall lots of choice. Hotel and rooms fully air conditioned and family rooms with 2 spacious bedrooms are available. Bear in mind though that at the moment it is 50 degrees in the sun and 35 in the shade!

Could go on for ages!!! Hope this helps

pinkpage
It depends on what you want to do. We did Sharm last year, but everything kind of revolves round the hotel... nowhere but Namma to go to in the evening, and to be honest once there was enough for me.

This year we went to El GOuna, which to me was much nicer. There was 'life' outside the hotel [we stayed b and b] and ate out every night which was never more than £20 for four of us including drinks. Its a hassle free resort, man made and set around blue lagoons - we enjoyed it so much we are considering going back next year and felt we, after many years of travelling, have found the perfect holiday desination.
just returned from the coral sea resort ( First Choice ) we have 2 kids gilr 9 yrs boy 7 yrs this was a really fantastic family holiday lovely safe pools kids club with small pool and football pitch. They really cater for children with their pwn buffet in restraunt fresh pizzas which the kids loved.
Good Luck.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.