Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
the travel companies are takin the p*** they know about the building works but they dont inform you till the death on purpose usually a few weeks before you go as most people wont change hotel so close.the said building work has been going on since the start of the season and will still be going on till dec 2007.
also the hbr have building work going on themselves which will envelope the other building works and go all the way up to the main rd where there building some shops
i arrived home on the 6th january and stayed in a room above the shops at the hbr facing the building work and to be honest it was'nt to bad as there is no machinery its all done by hand,i am buying one of those apartments so it did'nt bother me at all as it was nice to watch the progress being made may annoy you a bit more though but just insist on a room further away and you will be fine
Going to Goa in November this year. Have just had a letter from Thomas Cook to say building work (a new development) is being carried out opposite the Highland Beach Resort where we are going to stay, does anyone know of this & would it affect our holiday due to noise around Hotel area etc or should we change hotels?? Thanks 8)
Hi Becky
I don't think you have to worry too much. Have a look here at one the threads we have had.
Just got back.We had a room directly facing the new build and once in the room with the door closed you really can not hear anything.During the second week while sitting on the balcony the concrete trucks were coming and going but there are so many other noises in Goa it really did not matter.I was getting a bit paranoid before we went but once you are there well what can I say its India a bit of building noise is nothing.After a couple of days there will be so much else you are soaking up you will not even notice.
Thanks for the information, it is good to know, it puts my mind at ease. I am really looking forward to going now.
Thank you :P
HBR
Hi becky sorry to put a downer on your hol but its not the buliding work that the problem its the hotel rooms some are what can only be descrobed as "grubby" dirty light switches bare light bulbs torn curtains when we were there in january changed 2 days before coming home.
Most of the rooms are privately owned .
We had a very big place for two of us 2 big bed rooms two bathrooms 1 living room with Tv (never switched on) and a kitchen. Space was great but fixtures and fittins all very gruby.
Going back to Sunset in November hope its not as busy in candolim
trying to recreate Goa of 10 years ago???

George
Hbr
Agree totally about the rooms.See my comments in the hotels section.Sorry they just have not got a clue.A for recreating the Goa of ten years ago good luck.More in part two f my report.
You can read Brendan's review HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi,
Friends of ours have booked for the Highland Beach in November, any advice on best room numbers ,decent balcony etc.
I have heard about the building work, noise, private apartments being built etc. any advice would be helpful, thanks Allan.
While you are waiting for replies here are our reviews of the hotel( just incase you haven't already seen them!)
hi there,noticed your post on the highland beach. just back from there and if i was to go back i would ask for a room overlooking the main resturaunt/reception. i was in older part of complex,whilst it was ok for a base for our holiday i didnt have much of an outlook from our balcony. Hope this is of some help to you.
Ask for one of the newer rooms at the back of the hotel.Thngs are much quieter there.However we emailed and requested same but ended up in a room at the front.It did not really bother us and noise was not too bad.I think the highlands biggest problem is it is getting so big they are struggling to cope.Breakfast is a joke after 8.30 as all tables ar taken.
hello, we stayed in room number 207 which was at the front of the hotel and overlooked the main pool and restaurant, it is impossible to get a table at breakfast so we just took ours to the room and ate on the balcony, lovely hotel but way too busy.
Hi,
thanks for the replies, looks like the new part then!!
Phil was your balcony a decent size?
Allan.
i would guess at about 10 foot maybe and about 4 foot deep, i have plenty pictures but absolutly no idea how to get them from the camera to the tinternet :? there is easily enough room for a couple of chairs and a table.
i have booked to stay at the highland beach in december and im a little anxious about the building work thats taking place can anyone tell me what room numbers are away from the work and is there a great deal of disturbance or would you recommend that we change

any help will be greatly appreciated
Hi and welcome to HT. Is it the Highland Beach Goa you are meaning?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.