Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
poley,

The most you can check-in with one case is 30kg as I mention above. The passengers under your booking can pool luggage allowance. For example you could have one case of 30kg, one of 20kg and one of 10kg, or just two of 30kg each. As long as any single case isn't over 30kg and all passengers are under the same booking, it's up to you how you want to manage the weight. The polict is on Thomas Cooks website.

Darren
Daz another quick one,

Can you take a 190g tin of heinz baby food with a ring pull on top on the plane??
hi all...Im messed up and faffing around as usual.....and need some feed back....Ive decided to begin the ironing and case packing rituals.....but found that one of my cases is looking dodgy.....some stitching coming undone and small tears on the underside I hadnt noticed ...and so dont want to risk taking it again.....been looking for a new one to replace it....but finding either slightly smaller than one Ive got ( its sons case and what he wants to take fits in perfect....but wouldnt get stuff in a smaller case) or bigger and stuff wouldnt fill it ......the case Ive got is 66cm x 42cm x 26cm with expandable top , and length wise is a 26inch case...but all the 26inch ones Ive found are not as deep and dont have the expandable top that the old one has.....or they are heavier in weight and I was going to sort half a kilos worth of stuff to leave behind as case was already a bit over weight........I just cant find an affordable light weight case Im happy with.

SO....decided to use a strong trolly holdall we use for coach holidays....its 3/4 of a kilo lighter than the old case and all sons stuff fits in nicely.....old case was 3.7kilos....holdall only 2.9kilos and with clothes 19.5kilos...so perfect....and intend to put a couple of luggage straps on it for extra safety

BUT....now Im getting the doubts.....is a holdall OK as hold luggage....would it take the throwing around ect.....has anyone else used holdalls for their hold luggage......tweetie
We always use a large holdall as our third case coming back from the US. As long as you only fill it with unbreakables such as clothes it should be fine.

luci :wave
thanks lucci....just clothes in it and the usual shower gell, sun creams , mouth wash, deodorants, body sprays ect.....will they be ok...while Im here....Ive read dont put pressurised containers in your hold luggage ....what about the cans of dodorant and body spray.....will they be OK to put in ...tweetie
Yes you can usually put pressurised aerosol cans in your hold luggage up to, I think, a total of 2 kgs, but you should check the airline's website as it usually lists prohibited items.

luci :wave
thanks again lucci.....deodorant ect is expensive to buy in a lot of holiday places and now you cant put them in your hand luggage either.....tweetie
Hi people we fly with thomas cook in the morning and are really struggling with our luggage allowance
we have 5 x 20kg hold luggage and 5 x 5kg of hand luggage
do thomas cook pool the whole lot together or just the hold luggage :que
oliday,

Thomas Cook operate a pooled luggage allowance for checked-in luggage, providing all passengers are under the same booking. Don't worry if a suitcase weights more than 20kg, providing there's a lighter case to offset it. No suitcase weighing more than 30kg will be accepted for travel. Hand luggage is a maximum of 5kg per person, and can be part of your overall allowance if your cases are overweight.

Darren
thats what i was worried about there over by about 1.5kg i will just have to pay the extra :(
i was hoping the hand luggage was pooled as well but never mind :cry
we usually have 23kg and 5kg of hand luggage and thats just right
hi oliday.....are your cases 1.5 over each ....or just 1.5 over when pooled.....are you using up all your 5kgs of hand luggage allowance......if not taking shoes out of checked in luggage and putting them in hand luggage might help.........Ive been going through the same worries....cases weighing a bit over and one case needed replacing as was falling to bits...and all the cases I found that would have enough space for what needed to go in it were heavier than the one I had....I decided to use a strong holdall I used to use for the coaches and put luggage straps on it ....when I weighed the holdall it was 3/4 of a kilo less than case that needed replacing.....so case nolonger over weight.....Ive decided to swop another case now with the other holdall I have....so that wont be over either.....wish I had 2 more now but only had 2 of the strong heavy duty ones .....one of the other cases are ok weight wise....but the last one I need to loose atleast a kilo...tweetie
:tup
Can anybody tell me if i can take fresh meat in my suitcase and how much. it is all sealed. and i am flying with Bmi baby to france.
many Thanks
Pearl
I'm taking rechargable AA batteries for my camera. I am assuming they should go in the hold but how should I pack them.

The charger is coming as well.
Hi Helen,
I take the camera (complete with batteries) in my hand luggage. I also pack the charger in my hand luggage-anything to save weight in the cases ;)
i keep my rechargeable batteries in the hand baggage and pack the chargers in the hold baggage, if you do not have a case for your spares ... then what i do is wrap them singly in cling film to insulate them

wiz
hi.....I take loads of rechargables with me in my hand luggage... lads take all kinds of stuff that need them ...and I have my mp3 and mini speakers . digital luggage scales, and a little alarm clock....I put the batteries in mini food boxes ...with them all facing the same way and no space to move.....I take a small energiser battery charger in my hand luggage that can charge 4 batteries at a time....it can take 2 or 4 as they need to be in pairs to charge...and can charge either AA OR AAA....its very light and only about 3ins by 4 ins by 2ins...so doesnt take up much room either....comes with 4 batteries in...got mine from tesco but seen them in other places too......tweetie

ps....have heard of people having to prove electrical stuff really is what it looks like....and so batteries needed for cameras ect just incase
Im putting my hairdryer in my hand luggage phoned thomsons yesterday and they said it was fine..too heavy to put in case im already over by 2 kilos..
flying with thomas cook on wednesday we have 20kg hold allowance each their are 3 of us so 60kg. my question is how many cases are we allowed to take. we want to take 4 cases will this be ok or are we only allowed to take 1 case each.
regards tracey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.