General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
holiday days
14 Posts
i work in a school so have plenty of time before and after we get back, we used to fly sundays or mondays so hubby would have the day off after but this year we are going on a thursday so hes booked off the day before and the day after so he gets long weekend before he goes back to work
I get 29 days in asda, and I use 15 days-3 weeks for my summer holidays

A few days to get things ready, and when I return, let my self recover
Another one who works in a school - so I count myself as very lucky.
This year we are flying on a Saturday so back early hours of Sunday and then hubby goes back to work on the Monday.
I think I would struggle coping with the average 25 days a year now. :rofl
Another schoolie here; feel very lucky to work just a few weeks and then have time off with family only negative is you get hit with the dearest holiday prices! Sometimes I feel like I'm wishing my life away counting down the days before the school's next break :D
and another schoolie, so have time either side of going back spare , hubby is less fortunate than me so he does have extra to end holiday we go thursday to thursday and when we come back it will be the bank holiday weekend so he's laughing this year
And another teacher here :) we go the week after my school breaks up, away 2 weeks, home 3 weeks before going back
When I was working in an events centre office I got 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays(ace) , before I was made redundant without fail I used to book 3 days off before I flew on the thursday august 5th or around that time we like the summer hot months), come back 2 wks on the thurs day flight and take the friday off to unpack wash and have a long wknd till I went back into work the monday after...it was ace...now Im not working so to much time on my hands..
I get 26 days hols but if I work any extra hours I have to accumulate rather than be paid for them. I use these hours before and after my hols, a couple to prepare and another couple to was and iron and do the garden before going back to work.
My holiday days were always precious and I used to make sure that was what I used them for. We used to be able to go away every 3 months so my holidays always got used up on multiple holidays. My other half worked in the civil service so used to be able to build up flexi time which meant he could take extra days before and after to make sure all was sorted in advance. ;)

I still do the same now I live in Cyprus. I much prefer to use the time off to do something rather than just taking time off to mess about at home.

I could never understand those I worked with in UK who would take a couple of days off to do the ironing or cleaning and then moaning when it came towards the end of the holiday year that they didn't have enough days to go away or take a holiday that came up on special offer price.... If I worked any overtime, I used to ask for it as time in lieu rather than paid, so I could take more holidays ;)

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
I once worked with a bloke whose journey from the airport to home passed work. Because his flight had a massive delay on it he came to work straight from the aiport. Nightshift!!!!!!!!
I once worked with a bloke whose journey from the airport to home passed work. Because his flight had a massive delay on it he came to work straight from the aiport. Nightshift!!!!!!!!

As long as he wasn't a pilot or worse still, an air traffic controller - we'll let him off :)

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
I could never justify using precious days off work leading up to the holiday just to prepare :really I would much rather save the days for being away, therefore I always work right up to the holiday, however I do like 1 day after my holiday to get 'straight' when we arrive back as we always travel long haul.
I only work 3 hours in the monring so I wouldn;t need to take any time of beforehand to prepare. If we got back late I would probably take the next day off to recover
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.