DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Egypt?

Cyprus will still be warm in November
Hi Sue

I know you said you have looked at the Canaries, but its hard to beat that time of year, most other places are prone to rain, we have been to Cyprus in November and December and Its nowhere near as warm.
You could try Cape Verde, but its quite expensive.

I would recomend Costa Adeje in Tenerife, it should be aprox 25c In November.
We are going again in Jan, you don't need to bother with AI as its very cheap to eat out and lots of choice, there are loads of bars and places to walk and lots to do, we usually go somewhere a lot less touristy especially in the summer but we just love it there, its got something for everybody plus the climate is great.

We also go on as many cheap holidays as we can, rather than one or two expensive ones, I'm always on the hunt for a bargin break, we are going to Cala Bona Majorca in October for four days, Can't wait :D

Hope this helps :sun2
Thanks for your replies and suggestions. It might be nice trying somewhere different in the Canaries, we always go to the big resorts, we like it very lively, with lots of bars and entertainment for nightime. I am always hesitant about trying a smaller resort but has it is just my husband and I, I am not too worried about it. We like to go A/I during the winter months because we find alot of bars etc close and there is not so much choice for eating and drinking, it seems the safer option.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, I still haven't booked yet.

Thanks again for your suggestions :cheers , I shall have a look for some offers there now.

Sue x
We like to go A/I during the winter months because we find a lot of bars etc close and there is not so much choice for eating and drinking,

This is probably true of resorts throughout the Med but places like the Canaries are popular year round destinations so this is much less likely to be the case and especially so it you go to one of the larger resorts.

SM
Costa Teguise in Lanzorote is nice, if you haven't been, the beach is very nice.

Also we love Fuerteventura if you haven't tried there, its quiter but the roads are very good Jandia has a great beach and lots of AI hotels,we stayed at Caleta Del Fuste but we prefer eating out anyway.

Hope you find your Ideal spot soon. :cheers
Thanks again for both your advice. Canaries it is then, sounds a safer bet if we decide to go SC. I will look at your suggestions Seaview too, thank you.

Sue x
Hope you find somewhere nice, if you have any questions about the mentioned resorts feel free to ask me, I know the locations of quite a few Hotels & Apts as I'm always checking out the best places to say when I go somewhere
:sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.