Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Canaries are a year round sunshine destination and November should have great weather.

Not sure about Golf as I've never stayed there, but it is very (very) close to the airport which may or may not be an advantage.

I'd stick with PDLA and my two favourite beaches are the one at Costa Adeje adjacent to the Bahia del Duque (not suggesting you stay there as it's mega-bucks !) and also the one that's in front of the Mare Nostrum resort at the other end of PDLA.

Are you looking at hotels or apartments ?
Thanks for the advice.

Would like somewhere quite nice (but reasonably cheap, lol), apartments, probably..With the little one we would like a kitchen.

Really anywhere with a decent pool, playground and not too noisy. If she's happy, I'm happy!

;)
Hi Stamfield - I would recommend picking somewhere with a heated pool. I have been in November and found it too cold to go in the pool in our hotel (it was deserted when we were there). The sea was much better. We had good weather in November but it was quite windy. Sorry, I can't recommend apartments as we have always stayed in hotels, apart from staying in the Optimist apartments once, which I wouldn't recommend!
Thanks Meerkat,

I suppose you really don't know what to expect weatherwise for sure. but I think a pool will keep the lo amused whatever the weather, so will take your advice & look for a heated one.

Which Hotel/s would you suggest?
Hi Stamfield - I have stayed a couple of times in each of these and would recommend: Torviscas Playa, and Bouganville Playa. I have also stayed in the Esmeralda and wouldn't recommend. Hesperia Park Troya was good, but haven't stayed there for a long time so not sure what it's like now. I've also stayed in the Tenerife Princess Hotel (now called the Best Hotel I think). I wasn't impressed but I understand it has been refurbished so may be much better now.

Torviscas and Bouganville both have heated outdoor pools and are good quality. I would go back to either of them.

Hope you get something sorted!
puerto rico is good that time of year, in gran canaria , we had 2weeks of lovely weather, just a nice temperature to sunbathe in, about 40 mins fron the airport, there is two beaches there with lots of space to build sandcastles. amadores beach being the nicer of the two, plenty of restaurants and bars, and quite a lot of childrens play areas and a water park by, just dont stay near the main cenrte, as its noisy at night, try the harbour for some nice hotels, or up by the europa centre, hope this helps
Stamfield, are you booked? We've just booked Parque Santiago 3 for November and it looks good for families.
Garden city is a nice complex......with 2 heated pools......3 min walk to the beach
here's their site
http://www.olympusworld.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.