Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi, we are also booked for this resort . we are going 27th July -10th Aug. we were there 4yrs ago when the holiday village 1st opened. we had a fab holiday with only a few problems(nothing major). your boys should have a fab time as there is brilliant clubs and football pitches with a training academy attached, pools are out of this world . please don't listen to others complaints, we have quite high standards and found that most negative comments were the making of the holiday makers themselves. the hotel is built directly on the beach so there should be a opportunity for sea fishing but not sure about fresh water fishing, walking to the village takes about 30 Min's but there is a local bus(dolmus) service every half hour from right outside the hotel. The village is small but there is a few nice places to eat and drink , there is a good market on Sundays (perfect for fakes!) . You can book tours in the village which is a lot cheaper than the reps at the hotel. Hope you have a brill hol and any other questions just mail me.
hi iloveholidays1703

Just wanted to say that i completely agree with tracewalk
Pegasos palace/tropical is a fantasic huge hotel. Yes there are some who have bad views about it
But please ignore it as turkey itself is a holiday paradise.
There is a little nice town called Sarigerme just 10 min walk from the hotel and excursions are avaliable from the town
Fishing trips avaliable as well just walk there and take some advise from the reps of the tour offices

I am sure You all will have a fab holiday in this untouched place

Regards,
Mustafa
Mustafa is the main man at Sarigerme, a big hello from big Tony and his family, he proper tool care of us for the 2 weeksw we was there.

The hotel is great but I unfortunatly got very poorly and ended up in hosptial with drips and everything. We knew this before we went but did not expect to get this ill. I will say that it did not affect my other family members except my eldest got very bad ear infection from the water.

Just make sure you prepare for this if the issues have not been resolved but everything else is great.

Go to Mustafa for excursions, the ones we did were great and very reasonably priced. Also try to spend time in Sarigerme by using the resturants and shops. I know you are all-inclusive but it is nice to try local food and drink away from the hotel.
we went to this hotel 3 years ago. Had fantastic time couldnt fault anything. Little village nearby was very good and people very friendly. Would certainly recomend this hotel especially for children so much for them to do.
i went 4 years ago when it open and i have to say it was the best holiday i ever had i was 17 then and there was alot going on for kids my age. now i am 21 and i am goin back there june 22 fo 2 weeks with my girlfriend and book a jaczzie room i never stayed in one of these in the turkey one before just wounded if any one has and could let me no if there worth the extra money thanks.
we have been 3 times now and love the place,we've stayed in the tropical and the palace althought the palace is mainly for just the british now. we are going to spain this year just for a change but will really miss turkey. we did get the bug last year but feel it was probably bought to the village from the uk and spread around, also ear infections, we were told by the reps it is caused by the kids not drying their ears properly then going in air conditioned rooms and the melted ear wax goes hard and traps the water in the ear. we had jacuzzi suite last year and it was well worth the money especially if its ground floor, the small pools near by are lovely and you meet same people every day. pools with slides are fab too :tup
if anyone does need anti-biotics i would suggest going to nearest town (not sarigarmie as no chemist) cos alot cheaper than going to docs and can buy what he prescibes, especially cheaper if a few of you going, i have the name of the anti-biotics doc prescribes if aanyone wants to go prepared. :)
sorry to be a pain but does anyone know anything the normal family rooms are the bedrooms seperated from each other ? :tup
on the tropical side there is a sofa bed in the living area but it isnt separated from the bedroom by anything where as on the palace side it is the same but is separated by sliding doors, hope this helps. if you have any other questions i'll be glad to help :cheers
We went here in 2006 and it was fab but this was when you chose which hotel you wanted but no it is just sold as holiday village turkey does anyone know if you can guarantee to be on a certain side?

Is everything else still the same as it was in 06?

The last week of our hol they opened a fab steak restaurant that you had to pay for but the food was delicious is that still open?

Thanks
hello again vicky, hope you are all well. it is virtually the same as when we were there at the same time, we all thought the food was nice, unfortunately myself, hubby and son did get the 'bug' but still enjoyed holiday apart from the mozzies enjoyed my blood more this time. there are a few different things but nothing major. we had two jacuzzi suites this time and would definatley recommend them over the normal rooms. as far as i can see the only way to choose which hotel is to email them directly or if you do want the palace side then book interconnecting rooms cos the tropical have not got any. did you go anywhere last year? :)
Hi everyone x

Im going in august and was wondering if they have internet access here ... wii fi ect
Hiya Hayley

Long time no speak !
We have been away a few times since turkey, i think we have managed at least 4trips to Gran Canaria since then and 1 to Lanzarote !!!!!! Were you pregnant last time we spoke ? what did you have?

Ooops :offtop

Back on topic, my hubbie as adamant he wont go back unless we can Gtee the palace side, with there only being 4 of us we dont need connecting rooms although some mates might come so i suppose we could book them?????
I just think the main pool was nice at palace, also the pool bar/snack bar was better aswell and just in general we prefered it.

Are you off there again this year?
Some reviews i have read have been slating the food but we thought it was lovely with a good variety etc when we were there.
Do they still have the steak place you can pay for? it was sort of between the 2 hotels???

For those who have stayed on the tropical side , any opinions in differences?

I have emailed the hotel just to see if they would guarantee it atall.
can anyone tell me if the rooms have fridges in them as i need one for my sons medication
thanks in advance
Yes i had to store 2 weeks worth of meds for 2 kids in my fridge and got there and it wasnt working ! They came and sorted it within minutes for me so you will be fine.
My friend was told when booking this hotel by the girl in the FC hypermarket that there is a possibility only half this hotel will be open for 2009 as they are struggling to fill the 1000 rooms. Anyone else heard this? Is there anyone due to go at beginning of May when it opens????
Hi,

Just wondered if there was anyone out there due to go to the Holiday Village when it opens next week? Very quiet on this site at mo :
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.