Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We fly out august 6th and ive been checking the price over the months and i could still book my dates now but would have to pay £700 more!!
Is the cheapest place to book this still online with first choice?
Last time i went in 06 eclipse were cheaper but they dont seem to have a seperate site now.

Also has anyone ever had any joy getting a reply to an email from the hotel? Ive tried 2x now at the joy hotels address, i want to see if there is anyway of gteeing the palace side as i really want that half.

Anyone just back ????
we fly the 18th May for two weeks and i have also tryed to contact the hotel with no reply through Joy hotels website i was lead to belive the hotel opened this week, but still no reply
Strange

let me know if anyone has any success
Eclipse was part of First Choice but offered the holidays cheaper, now it is all one brand so you are likely to pay more. Infact I had quotes for silly prices to the Holiday Village when I last looked, we paid £179 for the equivalent of next week in 2007 with Eclipse and they wanted £600+ each when i last checked with First Choice.
Trouble is 2007 prices have gone up alot since the merger of a few travel companies.We looked at prices of a few places we went before for this year and instead of paying say £2200 they were asking over 3 grand
took the plunge and booked for begining of Aug, hope we have as good a time as we did in 2006!!!!!!

FC are requesting me the palace side so fingers crossed.........has anyone req a particular side before and been sucessful?
Never requested a side before always been given palace side (been 3 times now) although on our last visit the palace side was very 'noisy' in the hotel itself with lots of kids running about but I do like the pools on the palace side better. I still think this forum is way too quiet for this time of year considering how big it is, just cant help thinking something amiss this year!!! Anyone had anything from FC? Apparently people not been sent tickets, my final payment is due in a couple of days never heard anything from FC since I booked it in July 08 usually get reminder, nothing!!!
hi ya all, we got our final payement bill in last sat, but i do agree all is quite!!!!!!
maybe now the village is open there will be a few more people joining the forum, i hope so anyway, we arnt going this year due to the price rising so much for our large family but i wish we were :(
happy hols to everyone going :cheers
We are off next Thursday - tickets came through a couple of weeks ago. Will report back on return.

8 more sleeps yay :sun2
Looking forward to hearing from some people on there return!
I cant wait to go back in aug havnt been since 2006 but loved it then!!!!
hi vicky 06 what date in aug are you going, we head out on mon 27th july.
I was also expecting some news from this hotel by now, me and my family have been there 3 years in a row and are going again on the 1st june, cant wait just would feel better knowing someone had already been and everything was just as great as the last 3 years.
Ok just seen review on hol uncovered site from someone who has just returned from here. There was only one side open (palace side) and not v good review on food etc!
Just got off the phone with first choice asking if both hotels will be open as we go 1st june and apparently they will be they said maybe it wasnt open with it being the 1st week of opening but not totally convinced as the guy i spoke to didnt seem to know what i was talking about looks like we still waiting for a post from someone who just got back. please hurry not long till we go :que
There are a few new reviews on trip advisor all good and my dad is staying there at the minute and hes on the tropical side(orange) so both sides must be open now although he texted and said its quiet but it is very early season and itll be quiet everywhere. Weather brilliant. We go on monday can,t wait!!
hi, vicky 06 yes we were ther the 1st year it opened, will see you ther then!!!
Hello!

My first post!

Going the holiday village on June 18th and very excited. Went to the spanish HV last year and loved it - anyone else done both? How do they compare?

Looking forward to hearing the reports back from holidaymakers this year - some of last years were a bit worrying!

Emmievic x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.