Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
we went on 21st aug last year and didn't think it was really overcrowded but we did stay in a jacuzzi suite so stayed round the quiet pools in the morning and went to the slide pool about 3pm and always got a sunbed. the second week was very quiet compared to the 1st due to alot of children going back to school. didn't have to wait long for drinks and always got the kids in kids clubs when they wanted to go. hopefully we will be going next year but going to spain this year. we have also been in july and it was good then too :cheers
There are some really good reports coming back now on some review sites!!!!!

We went in Aug 2006 and it was fine, yes it was busy and you did have to queue up to get theres names down for kids clubs etc, cant say if ound getting drinks a problem the biggest queue was pizza oven one!
We did get up for sunbeds pretty early thou cos some family took twice as many as they needed.

I cant see it all being one complex making any difference when we went in 2006 , you chose which side you stayed on but it was still all essentially one complex you could use all the bars/clubs etc etc just not main restauramts for evening meal and i think its the same now.
OK, thanks for the advice.

I know what you mean about families taking more sunbeds than they needed. Last time we went in July 2007, the schools from Scotland had finished for the summer and our second week suddenly became very busy. Some of these families were laying their Celtic towels out on beds in the full sun as well as beds in the shade which was really unfair and selfish. I don't mind having to get up early to grab a sunbed and queuing to put names down at the kids clubs, but I hate having to hunt for a table at dinner and queue for ages at the bar.

We'll definitely check the prices for the HV next year and it will be interesting to see if the ear infection problem has finally gone this year. All I can say to anyone from First Choice reading this is "put more chlorine in the pools!"
We went in the last 2 weeks in August 2006 & 2007. What we found with all the sun beds, was even about 9.00 oclock in the morning you could not get a sunbed, all you would see is that the sunbeds had all been resevered with towels :( , & then you would see them turning up about 11.00am.

Please be aware of the ear infections, when we were there myself & the kids all got ear infections, & it is quite expensive to go & see the Doctor. What i would do is when anyone is booking holiday insurance is to get a wavier, which might cost a little extra, but it is worth it because you do not have to pay the excess.

One thing we found about the food was it nice but a bit repetitive, same thing in the second week. What we did was to go & have a couple of meals in the town, which was really cheap & very nice to!
The fillet steaks that we got were excellent!
Hi....reading all this chat is making me want to book again..lol. We have been to HV in Aug 2005, May 2007 and Aug 2008 and loved each time. We stayed in a double family room for 5 the first time and then jacuzzi suites the other 2, always on the Pegasos side. Just looking at the prices and they don't seem much different to what we paid last year, although last year we booked premium seats which they don't have anymore :( Can anyone else who's been before confirm that its only the Pegasos side that has interconnecting rooms and suites ? Thanks

PS - We got some Swim Ear on the plane last year and it really helped when my son started to get ear ache....which luckily didn't require a trip to the docs
yes only interconnecting at the palace but the jacuzzi suites are between the two hotels so you could be quite close to the tropical but i think the suites are fab compared to family rooms, wish we were going this year :(
Just reading some reviews about limited choices of alcohol.......can you no longer get the flavoured schnapps as AI? they had that in 2006 and it was gorgeous i loved the melon one!

Also is the steak restaurant between the 2 hotels still open? this wasnt AI but worth paying for when we went.
vicky06
Im just back from the HV Turkey and there was melon and orange liqueuers available as part of AI but my favourite was the raki. There was also wine, beer, gin, whiskey,brandy and vodka. Yes there was a steak house still there but i did nt try it myself as i thought it was too expensive -45 lira for a steak!
We had a great time but don t think we d return.
can anyone who has just returned tell me if the pools are freezing at this time of year? also does it get chilli in the evening?
Thanks for your reply, glad to see you can still get melon schnapps i wonder why people are saying its only vodka gin etc maybe they just dont know to ask for it!!

How much is 45lira in £ ?
Just asking as it really was the nicest melt in the mouth fillet steak ive ever eaten !

Hayley are you booking it again then lol
i'm really tempted for next year but the kids say they've had enough of turkey and that its too hot peak season, anyway the older girls might be going on a guide camp for a week next may term so cud sneak off for a week then and leave grannies number for emergencies. i want to know what the weather is like and whether the pools are warmish 1st though.
also it seems the mozzies arnt as bad then too. it would be cheap as would only be taking 2 kids, never had a cheap hol before lol.
We went the last 2 weeks of May and did nt particularly find the pools cold. Once you were in they were fine. The first week we were there it was slightly chilly at night and perhaps a cardigan would be needed but it really warmed up on our second week in the evening. As we went through our fortnight stay we could feel it getting hotter as the holiday went on(don t think i could stick it at peak season). :tongue
Hayley/John...I have been in August and the May half term......the pools are cooler in May than August but I wouldn't say they were cold....also the evening temperature in May is lower and I remember needing to wear a cardi....whereas in August you could go out at night in your bikini if you wanted...lol.

We haven't booked a holiday this year yet....keep checking the prices and seems to be alot of availability still.....never done a late booking before, but might just try and get a deal this year to HV...that would make it our 4th time..and each time has been better than the previous one :cheers
thanks tracy, how many of you go? last year we got talking to a couple who arrived in our second week so that would be end of aug and they did last min booking and paid £400 each for 2 weeks :wow
Has anyone purchased a late checkout at this hotel? My flight is at 2:30am and wanted to get a room, and if so what are the prices

Many thanks
I think its £32 and you can pay it before you go with FC that way yuour guaranteed to get it as they only give so many i think.
i'm sure we paid £44 last year and the time before that first choice charged us £50 before we went. thats to keep it till 6pm, if you want to keep the room till midnight its slightly more, it is well worth the extra money so your not rushing around on your last day then sitting in same clothes for hours
hayley/john......friends of yours paying 400.00 each for a late booking is great...we are a family of 4 and have previously paid around 3000.00......fingers crossed for a late deal :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.