Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks for the info we will book early hopefuly wont be dissapointed.

I emailed the resort team at the HV a few days ago, go onto the First Choice website and log into My First Choice, you will need your booking reference.
hi...it seems that 'my firstchoice' is only available to customers who have made their booking online......not in first choice shops like i have :(
do you have the email address for the HV.......?
thanks
hi all
We are looking at booking the first choice holiday village in Sarigerme for next year, could anyone tell me if the tropical resort (thomsons) is near the palace hotel, they both used to be first choice but the tropical is now thomsons and is coming up alot cheaper.
Thanks in advance
karen

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
They are both on the same site - right next door to each other and I am sure you can use both resorts (you could last year). First Choice and Thomsons are the same company, though not sure why there is a price difference.
Hi not sure if you managed to get a hold of email address for the resort if not try

r_to_admin1@firstchoice.co.uk

apparantley it is for the reps at the holiday village.

Hope you have great holiday.
Hi,

We were looking at booking the Holiday Village for 2011 and noticed that the Tropical is now listed as a seperate hotel in Thomson's brochure. So, I rang First Choice and they confirmed that the two properties are being split again next year and the amenities cannot be shared.
I know they have 'split' the two resorts before (2008 I think), yet people reported still being able to use facilities at both resorts. How sucessful they will be at splitting these resorts up again, i am not sure. It remains to be seen!
I went to the HV in 2006 and the following year 2007 when they had split the hotels in two, i still went over to the Tropical side and used the slides and got served at the bars no problem.
I have booked the Tropical hotel for August next year for 11 nights i have paid over £700 less for staying in the Thomson side than the First choice HV side.
In next summers brochure and on line it states the H/V will be split again.
Hi we went to the holiday villiage in 2007 and had a fantastic holiday apart from the mozzies :( We are thinking about going back there next year or the Egypt holiday villiage but I was wondering if the mozzies were any better now?
We have also been to HV Turkey when it was split and you could use both sites. However, the Palace side is the one to remain a 'Holiday Village' not the Tropical and therefore the kids clubs ie, superstars, twinklestars. megastars. escape teen club etc are a Holiday village brand and wont be available in the Thomson hotel, tho they probably have their own kids club i expect.
I have just returned from a lovely week at the Holiday village we were in the Palace side this year compared to Tropical in 2008.

The hotels are just about already seperate now although at present you can still use the faciilities at both and the reps are unsure what is happening next year yet.

When we visited in Sept 2008 all the reps and entertainment staff made it all into one huge resort and mentioned what was going on throughout the day at both sides of the complex but now they have seperate reps and entertainment teams and they never mention about the other side of complex not even in welcome meetings so no longer promote it as being two sides.

The Tropical side this year also has quite a few Russian and Polish guests and they seem to put younger couples in this side and families in Palace side.

The food was good during our holiday with a good choice of food available although the snack bar now is trying to be bit too fancy for my liking and should stick to burgers,hotdogs,pizza,chips,toasted sandwiches rather than offering fagitas,spaggetti and curry this should remain for the restaurants. They also now serve Bacon 3 days a week and Pork banger sausages twice a week for breakfast

There were no long Qs for food or drink except a couple of times when the entertainment theatres came out but only for 5-10mins then back to normal
Is this place the Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme (First Choice) and if so is this the only current thread for it?
yes its all one of the same i think part of it is also called tropical hotel but im not sure :sun2
Hey,

I worked out in the HV Turkey last season for 6 months in both palace & tropical sides and even though the hotel is just going to be the palace side for this season you wont be disappointed. PM me if you need help on anything specific

So jealous of anyone whos returning!

x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.