Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ho yes they still do the bingo at the pool bar starts at 8.45 my wife won twice when we were there, at last orders they only serve 2 drinks
Reports starting to come through now on various sites about food poisoning,why does this happen every year about this time.I always keep an open mind but you cant help but be a bit worried.Why doesnt the illness start on day one.. its always later on in the season,which does make me think its a virus brought into the complex but who knows
Just back from a great 2 weeks at the holiday village, fourth visit! Re tummy upsets, never heard of anyone there being ill at all.

Anyone going to HV Turkey please do us all a favour, if you have a GENUINE gripe or complaint please deal with it directly with a FC rep instead of moaning your way through your holiday getting everyone else involved. I cant tell you how mant times I heard people just moaning and moaning about stupid things. THe main one bing that it was too hot!!!! Its August and its Turkey, live with it or go elsewhere, One woman moaned because she had been given dressing gowns in a jacuzzi suite and 'what do we need those for in this weather I'm going to ask for a refund' then there was the large crowd in the beach bar one lunch time who moaned (loudly) and were abusive to staff because the beer went off for literally two minutes whilst they changed a barrell. Honestly, maoning from the brits is the only thing that puts people off this hotel. Your holiday is what you make it, moan and be miserable you will spoil it for yourselves and everyone else.
The pool closures are a nuisance to everyone, please put swim nappys on your children and show a little consideration to others, do you let them poo and wee on your living room carpet at home?? No! So dont let them go round without nappys here either. Its not fair!
Will defo be returning to HV Turkey in the near future as it always has so much to offer and the kids clubs etc are fantastic, cant keep them away.

Missing my pancakes and choc sauce for breakfast already!!
P.s. BACON is now on the menu though only on Sunday breakfast!

Well back to the Special K!
We had a great two weeks, the hygiene is excelent. There was however a 14 year old girl raped by a member of staff while we were there.
Also my 13 year old daughter was propositioned by a barman who was very descriptive in what he wanted to do to her and terrified her. I spoke to the rep and the hotel jumped on it immediately the barman was sacked the following day.
Hi, I am a first time visitor to Turkey and I am looking to go to the Holiday Village in Sarigerme in October, with my wife and 9 year old daughter.

I was just wondering was the weather is like in October and what the hotel and resort itself are like?

Any help would be much appreciated

merged with existing topic, Dazbo HT Mod
recently came back from here (27.7.09) it was very busy and noisy lots of entertainment for children maybe quieter in october not sure about the weather though there is another topic for this place under pegasos hotel
ive not been to this hotel as i dont particularly like what ive read about it and the area, but i can help re the weather, oct is a bit hit and miss with the weather, we have been and had a gorgeous week but equally been in oct and had a few days of showers and thunder storms, it does get chilly at night so a cardy or lightweight jacket is needed , it hasnt put us off going in oct though as its much nicer than the uk and can get to around 28 if your lucky, we are going again in oct to lykia world for 1 week and olu deniz resort for our second week with our 9 yr old daughter , we booked it as a diy and got a fantastic price and lykia world is truly amazing. good luck with where ever you go , most of turkey is gorgeous
Crikey! I never heard anything about anyone being raped!
hi Burf73, we have been to the holiday village 3 times, the 1st time was oct 2005 and although we loved the place we decided that because the pools were freezing and it was quite cool in the evenings we would go in july and aug for the next 2 holidays which was perfect for us. the weather was nice in the day in oct but quite breezy. your nine year old will absolutely love the holiday village, beware of the mozzies though. any questions you might have i'll be happy to help.
just booked for the holiday village for 24th sept for a week , this will be our second visit looking forward to it.. :cheers
also cant remember if you got towels around the pool or not ..
hiya,does anyone know what side of the hotel the kids dens are in please?
I think the palace side.

We are back from our hols, had an ok time but much better in 2006......i wouldnt go back again now a few changes to the place.
Food the second week (we went 1-15aug) was no where near as good as the first week.
Entertainment, first choice reps werent doing there stuff it was all brought in acts, some where good some where rubbish plus all very similar dance/acrobatic type acts so it got very repetative.
No quizzes in the pool bar the whole 2 weeks which was a shame as we enjoyed those last time.

Be warned footie fans/sports fans all tv screens from the bar have been removed , asked the barman why and he said 2 yrs ago some guests had a fight over football so they went .......shame plonkers have to spoil it for everyone else. You can get them to put sport on in conference room if you want it but not the same as being sat by the bar so my hubbie wasnt impressed!!!!!

Place was as clean as ever no complaints there, staff were great, pools kept clean and shut at any sign of problem which i think is good.

We got our req of palace side again which i prefer, in a jacuzzi suite and we were lucky as we had a pool right behind our room so stayed away from the hassle of the main pool and stuck there for the 2 weeks no problems with sunbeds there unlike the main pool where i heard some people actually fought over sunbeds and matress pads one day!

Few disgusting people about grabbing food with hands instead of using tongs provided, dipping singers into sauces to taste them , i cant believe people do such things but they do.
Also some people seems to find it a struggle to get clothes on to go into the main restuarnt and think its ok to drip water everywhere..........just a few things like this were annoying butt these are not the hotels fault they are the other holidaymakers.
Also we all got a tummy bug which wasnt great, it wasnt the food as we all ate different and it was cooked fine i reckon we just caught it off someone else or maybe the people touching food with there hands were the same ones in the toilets not washing hands !
It wasnt horrendous, sort of bad for 24hrs but symptoms for a good 4days didnt let it spoil hols thou.

Swim school was brilliant and highly recommended , my just turned 4yr old non swimmer came away swimming 60m unaided!
Interesting ive just read a review that someone had food poisoning and apparantly a report in the newpapers that there was salmonella in hotel.
Like i said previously i wasnt blaming our tummy upsets on the food as i thought it could be from others bringing a bug in or the heat or something but maybe im wrong and it was the food.
Our symptoms were (started with me)
woke in night with horrendous headache and was violently sick ........not alcohol related i may add , id only had 3 drinks.
Then i had a temp all night and the next full day.
I was getting unbearable stomach cramps followed by a mad loo dash this lasted a good 4 days but inbetween loo dashes i was fine!

Hubbie the following day started bad cramps and loo dashes, no sickness again lasting a few days and he had zero energy.

4yr old, bad sickness for 24hours on and off and loo dashes, he was screaming with tummy pains then running to the loo then ok in between.....this lasted until after we came home for him.

8yr old got away lightly , sick 1 evening and a few loo dashes but nothing too bad atall.

Like i said before thou we were all eating different stuff so i didnt think it was food.
I told the rep as i thought they like a record of these things and he said no one else had reported it, but then again not everyone would anyway .
I have been reading recent reviews and seem to be quite a lot of reports of upset stomachs and food poisoning which is a bit of a worry. Main pool is also closed frequently due to little mishaps - whats that all about, whats so hard about making sure children are wearing swim nappies. I've booked for next year and trying to get as mmuch info as possible - if reports dont improve I'm seriously considering trying to change to somewhere else. Any information would be appreciated. :cheers
Up to date info appreciated for me too please,
we go next Monday :yikes
we had 2 weeks at this place end of July we were lucky noone ill but there was alot of people with sickness and diarrhoea and ear infections alot of it is down to peoples hygiene really we saw 1 woman washing a nappy out in the pool !!!
personally i wouldn't recommend this hotel after reading all the reports recently to it was far to big for us
but still love turkey and will find somewhere not as big for next year
Hi

We visited this hotel 3rd - 17th August this is the 4th Holiday Village we have visited but the only one that we wouldn't return to. Rooms, Food, Location, Entertainment all well below the standards of the others.
My 11 year old daughter was poorly after only 4 days she suffered from stomach cramps, high temperature, sickness, diahorea and she slept for hours at a time. She struggled to eat for the remainder of the holiday and when she did she then ran to the loo. Other members of our party were also ill with the same symtoms.
We returned Chicken to staff in the restaurant that wasn't cooked properly but they didn't appear concerned.

We met lots of guests that had returned to this hotel having visited in the last few years but they all agreed that standards and facilities were not as good as before, in fact we didnt meet anyone that said they would return in future.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.