Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Thanks again for your reply!

We are going on 5 July for a week so I am expecting it to be busy. Although were in Alcudia at the same time last year and the hotel was the quietest ever according to the staff which spoiled us somewhat.

Anyway, busy of not, I cannot wait!
Hi all, we wnt to an all inclusive 2 yrs ago to costa brava and they done snacks right up u til 11pm. Thats about the only thing I dont like about the holiday Village, they only do snacks til 6pm. I loved getting a burger about 10pm once my dinner had settled lol. I wonder if theres any cafes or snack bars nearby that I could send dp to for a wee snack. If anyone knows any please let us know.

Only 14 weeks to go now :cheers
I have just read a scathing report on another site regarding the Viva saying that they had food poisoning [May 2009], the place was dirty, apartments dirty, entertainment not great - their worst holiday ever.

I know that this is in the minority but it has got me a bit worried as I chose this with care.

Anyone else back this opinion up? Would rather know before I go!
Mummykins,

Shall also be interested in this too but I must admit you can read some very glowing reviews about the resort too, we all have different opinions of places we holiday at.
Has anyone been recently????...............my daughter, her hubby and 2 year old son are due to this resort in 3 weeks time they fly out on May 4th for 1 week.

Angie.
We have 3 reports from May last year and no-one is mentioning food poisoning, in fact they all say it was good :que And no reviews after May mention a problem with the food.

In order to blame a hotel for food poisoning you have to have not eaten so much as a burger outside of the establishment which is hard not to do unless you are 24/7 in the hotel & are careful with your own/families personal hygiene.

I'd just make my own mind up when I got there if your concerns are only based on one review. Check that the food is hot etc :tup

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/can-picafort/holiday-village-viva-hotel/
hi angie, could you possibly do a wee post and let us know how they got on after your family comes back or even post a review, I think they must be 1 of the first going this year as it says on First Choice website its open from May. Hope they enjoy it.
Hi MINIMUM,

I will certainly do that for you.............I shall no doubt get the whole run down how the holiday went on their return.......I really do hope they enjoy it too...........they are now getting excited once more as due to the ash cloud they really thought they were not going to get there.

Angie.
Hi all first post, My family and i have been to the Viva Picafort for the last 3 years and found it to be Brilliant. There was a little outbreak of a sickness bug last year but this was to the end of Aug/early Sept but this was traced back to the splash pool i think ?

A note about meal times, there's one sitting at breakfast, lunch & Tea but at Tea time if you have small children you can go in half an hour earlier if it's the same as last year ?

Any questions i will be happy to try and answer them :think

Going for a change this year and heading for the Village in Paphos/Pafos in which any pm's about the place would be welcomed :offtop
Welcome Baz1972.

For info and discussion about Paphos, you would be best visiting our Cyprus forum ... please click here.

David :wave
Is it true that you have to leave 100 euros at reception on arrival in case of breakages etc?
Mummykins,

My daughter said that the self catering guests have to leave a deposit on arrival for breakages but she does'nt know what the deposit was as she and her family were All Inclusive and they did'nt have to pay any deposits.

Angie.
Never heard of anyone paying a deposit but we were AI as well.
Thanks Baz and Angie.

Maybe its just the s/c guests because they are more likely to be using the kitchen equipment. We are A/I so I am looking forward to avoiding the kitchen at all costs!
Do the apts have hairdriers? Also, how does the poolside towel hire operate?

Anyone been yet? Other sites have some reviews posted, but nothing here as yet!
My daughter says yes the apartments do have hairdryers.

You pay a small deposit at reception for the towel hire which is refundable on your departure but she does'nt know what the deposit charge was as she used her own poolside towels.

Angie.
Last year it was 15 euros deposit for a fortnight and you could change the towels on a mon, wed fri, sat ?

There are Hairdryers in the apts but the wife took hers the last 2 years as she said they weren't that great/ powerful enough ?

wish i was going back again this year :(
Thanks Angie and Baz!!

Angie, what did your daughter think if the place? Don't worry if its not too positive, just would like to know if she enjoyed it or not!
Mummykins,

They thoroughly enjoyed their stay there.........clean apartment right near the reception area..........cbebbies and lots of other childrens programmes on the TV even the news channel........she was very surprised that there was no payment for the TV as on previous holidays to Spain and Portugal when we took them as children we were forever feeding the TV with Euros....lol lol......they could take drinks from the bar on a tray back to their apartment at night and leave the tray on a table at the end of their corridor to be picked up by staff......food very good and always hot and well presented. They walked to the beach only 10 minutes away...........loved the beach. Restaurants and supermarket just by the beach area.............supermarket prices obviously alot cheaper than buying from the onsite shop.
Would they go back a resounding Yes.

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.