Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Tickets have arrived today hoooooooorayyyyyyyyy only 23 days to go. Getting so excited.
:fly :sun2 :cheers
Hiya

My bf and i have booked to go for 2 weeks from 6th Sept and i looked at some reviews on another site just before i booked it which started to sound like the resort was getting a bit better.

Has anyone been recently and would say its ok to go? I really like the look of it and want to go open minded but its my first hol to Mexico and i'm so excited i don't want to be disappointed. If it really is going to be that bad i think i would rather make an effort and see if we can swap.

Thanks
Sarah
Anyone recently returned, please add your review HERE! :tup

Pippy :)
Hi everybody
My family and I are off to HVWS on Sunday 17th Aug. :cheers We are really looking forward to it.

I have read over the months bad reports on it and also good reports. It is our first time to Mexico and we are keeping an open mind about it all. It is what you make of it. We are not expecting some high class place but as long as it is clean, family friendly and good sun we will have a good time.

Does anybody know if the kids fun pool is open/ok yet? :que
Hi Nicole,

your lucky you've only got less than a week now, we go 27th September!!

Yes the kids pool is all up & running now. I think the other two pools are now refubirshed and opened aswell. Everything else as far as I know is fine there and open.

Have a great holiday
Update re pools:

I read earlier on another website someone has said they are due to go on saturday and they have had a phone call from FC. The relaxation pool was due to be open but has a leak underneath but all work is completed. They hope it to be running by the 20th.
:)
Can anyone tell me what currency is best to take. We go on the 13.09.08 we have changed hotel to the Iberostar as wehad payed so much for our hol and was worried about all the bad reviews and did not want to take a chance. Also anybody know the best place to go for diving trips and a swim with the dolphins any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody been to the Iberostar recently with any reviews Thanks in advance
Hi Bumps

Please can you post in the relevant threads for answers to your questions to prevent this from going off-topic and causing confusion about which hotel is being discussed ;)

Thanks.

Pippy :)
Has anyone came back recently?

We go in 5 weeks now and wanna know if it has improved.

Thank you :)
Are all the swimming pools now open? We go soon and hope everything is up & running!!
Hi, just got back, and have left a review on the main reviews section - we hada fab time, please do not worry! happy to answer any specific questions if you have any after reading the review,

Jill :D
Jillybops,

thanks just read your review and its great. Glad you had a good holiday and I think you covered everything, especially about all the pools being open!!

:)
jillybops wrote:
Hi, just got back, and have left a review on the main reviews section
Many thanks! :tup
BUMPS- this is off topic but you asked for Dolphin Swim info .
Have a look at http://www.dolphindiscovery.com this is at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel, it's a fantastic day.
We did the Royal Swim..
hi im going the holiday villages on 28th of this month, can anyone tell me if the rooms provide an iron and hairdryer
thanks
Hi

Yes, they do. Details like this are in my review of the hotel posted earlier this week, see reviews section,

Jill
thanks jill, realised this as soon as id posted.
Hi ema80,

we go the day before you and are really looking forward to it. Reviews are getting better aswell :)
Might see you there!! nearly 3 weeks to go!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.