Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Horse Riding
26 Posts
never seen a horse in goa tbh.

more likely to have elephant riding which to be honest which is great fun :)

had a look through google for you and cant find anything at all apart from horse safaris in other parts of india so you maybe out of luck.
We'll certainly have to try elephant riding but it will certainly be a lot more uncomfortable and I'll hve no control over the beast at all!! :omg
Nah its great fun. We booked elephants to take us down to our wedding cost around £75 for two elephants for about an hour much better than the traditional roller.

Very comfortable but a very weird sensation.
http://www.peterferguson.nildram.co.uk/251103%20027.jpg

Just uploaded a pic of our trip with the elephants in candolim.

You have a driver that looks after the animal and we went down beach road where there is not a lot of room because of the bikes and he never touched one of them. To give an idea of the size of the elephant i am 6 foot 3 :omg and it was enormous, gripped hold of the driver for dear life :D
Wow!

It certainly looks scary up there and I'm not sure if my daughter will be too happy to try but we'll certainly give it a try!
Ive searched all over the net to no avail(unless im being a numpty) and cant find any info anywhere....is there any horse riding places along candolim beach....we both used to ride and not riddin in about 15 + years
Can't help with Candolim but there is horse riding in Cavelossim (South Goa)
I've never even seen a horse in Goa, but having seen the state of most of the cows on the beach, I wouldn't fancy riding one anyway. You definitely can't ride a horsse on the beach in Candolim, all the whole of north Goa for that matter.
You can definitely ride them in the South :P
There was an article last week in the Herald about a guy that brought 5 horses down from Rajhistan a year ago, one has since had a foal. He is based in south Goa, Majorda I think.
http://www.hoteltravel.com/india/goa/guides/activities_sports.htm

Posted this link some time ago, some info near the foot of the page.
If its the same person he's based at Mobor Beach Resort Cavelossim
I was goingto post exactly the same thing for North Goa!

I know of one place valled Greenlands in Cavelossim, or close to.
I went riding there last year on their equivalent of our Red Rum. A retired Race Horse - known for his galloping.

Very Fast Horse indeedy.

You might be able to ride horses in the North but not in the beach, its worth looking around when your there tho.

Please let me know if you find anything in the mean time !

Bobbi
perhaps we can ride the cows instead ?
I'd be very wary of the cows.......a lady (don't think I can name her due to posting regulations - but she appeared on a Goa TV documentary) was attacked recently by a bull on the beach. Her husband had to beat it off with a stick, she ended up hospitalised with a few broken bones.
Luckily she's ok but imagine if she'd been alone!!
GFF xxx
can you just get the horse and go or do they supervise you coz I would love to go off for a day trekking by horse...
I am pretty sure it is only orginised treks but there all day trecks
Just found the article from the Herald, the horse riding is based at Peace Valley, Sirvoi, Quepem. The guy who owns them is called Peter tel; 9822380091 He takes treks out along the interior hills and lanes of Quepem, would'nt have thought you could go out unaccompanied.
Hi Guys we have been visiting Goa for about eight years but have never seen any horses there. As S.W.M.B.O. is a bit keen on horse riding/treking I wondered if anyone else had seen something that I had missed?
We did ask the guys at our favourite shack (monicas) but they only seem to know about horse racing, and not riding.
Gaz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.