Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hotel change
12 Posts
Hi Yummymummy

Is it the Guest House or the Regency Resort that you are staying in? We have stayed at both and are going back to the regency resort this year. They are opposite each other across the river by the bridge (was the ugly bridge). It can't be that bad as this will be our 5th stay. 8)

Donna
XX
Hi Donna, its the guesthouse we are staying in.
To be honest, as long as its clean, has a decent enough swimming pool, and nice staff, then thats all we want.

The travel agent told me it has air conditioning, so thats what swayed us to the riverside.

I like the location as well, we frequently visit shacks on Baga beach, even if we stay in Calangute :D

I have used the search facility and found a few threads about the riverside, i think it was you and Gemma who commented about it.

P.S. I managed to save 60pounds by knocking off coach transfers, who in their right mind would pay 60pounds when you can get a taxi there and back for a third of that altogether.
So, im happy about that :D
I've stayed at the Guesthouse twice, not all of the rooms have air conditioning though, we stayed in a room over looking the river both times and it was lovely, the rooms are basic but are clean and as you said that is most important and the staff are very friendly. The restaurant below is the hibiscus, fantastic food (It's Chinese) they have a small pool around the back, not much of a view round there but hey I'm sure you'll be down the beach most of the time, you will definitely need a torch to come back across from the beach. I'm sure you've said before that you use the same shack as we do too (Squeeze). When are you going? we go back 1st March, 7 of us this year with 2 newbies! I'm sure you will love it, others may not, but we did. If you need to know anything else I'll try and help.

I agree with the taxis, you get there before the coach and get down the beach. :lol:

Donna
XX
Hello Donna, we got in exactly 17 days :)
I do like Goa nearer to the end of the season, as its a bit hotter, and its not as busy, but Jan/Feb are very good as well.
Im really looking forward to it.
We used Squeeze shack in 2007, and it was brilliant. Kept coming out every 10mins asking if we wanted any drinks.
I felt a bit guilty, because the shack lads were running around after everyone, so in the end i just got up and got some drinks out of the fridge myself :D , i needed the shade anyway, and i got the man on the desk to add it to our bill .

I think we will be going to squeeze again this year.

Where exactly is the hotel? Do you know if you cross Baga river and turn left towards Cliffs shack, is that where it is?
Nicola

Where is squeeze shack
Hulls its at Baga Beach about 3 shacks along from the Oceanic, near the very far end of Baga Beach. Have you got booked up yet Hulls?
Bob, i think its the 2nd shack from the far end of Baga beach, near the river, and near where i will be staying.
Hi Nicola

The Riverside Guest house (where you are staying) is right next to the bridge (this side of the river), over the other side directly opposite is the Riverside Regency turning right over the bridge (that's where we will be) so you will have less to walk than us :lol: , we're flying out on the 1st March, I can't wait!!!!! :D

When you go back to Squeeze please say hello to everyone and tell them I'm back on the 1st March, they should remember me, ask for Kamal or David they are both brilliant. Bobby, Diego and Sonny will definitely remember me, but please please save some Bacardi Breezers for me. :lol:

Donna
XX
Thanks for that Donna, i think i know where you mean now.

Don't worry, i don't really drink during the daytime, i tend to stick to coke or limca, then in the evenings i go onto vodka and mango juice. Truly refreshing, and even then we dont use the shacks in the evenings, only a couple of nights during our stay :D
So, there will be plenty of breezers for you :P :P
P.S . i forgot to add something.. Of course i will tell the lads in the shack your coming back in March.
We should have different shack threads on HT :D
I think you have done the right thing giving the Beira Mar a miss we have been going to goa for ten years,but last year my son and his wife got a last minute and ended up here ,it was appalling they came out and went to Adolf at lazy days a got a room there ,spotlessly clean good breakfast and have been back again .
Thanks for your input Noely :)
Nicola
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.