Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: hemera
607 Posts
the apartments right at the back of the complex are now used by the staff and animation team as of last summer . so there are not too many rooms near the back of the complex now.

dave
Generally in the summer, there are 2 discos accross the road that play music till after 3, and the hotels either side sometimes have music on.... then there are the lifts, drunken guests... and the generator..... i've been on and off season and had different noise at different times, from different sources... some people ride motor bikes up and down the beach... thats noisy as well. Soemtimes it peaceful....
perfume wrote:
then there are the lifts, drunken guests... and the generator.....

Phew I thought the Hemera was one of the best hotels there, I had been thinking of booking it for next year. Your worrying me now.

Doe
It still is one of the best, but with a 24 hour bar, if you have a room near the lobby bar, the noise of guests carries through the doors..... and it was actually the 50+ age group who were the worst! This was in December, and thats the first time ive heard the generator in 3 visits.... its not the hotel's one, but one next door, so not much can be done... I'm still going back though!!!!
The Sunrise Queen next door is 5*****... and is very nice....
That generator is dreadful.Its the hotel to the left facing the sea,Not the Melas.When we were there the noise was so bad we went out most days.It was situated near the service road that runs between the 2 hotels next to the Hemera pool.I cant seem to get a reasonable offer so am now considering the Sorgun voyager.
Funny

I did a post on here before I booked and said about the noise from the generator of the hotel next door which I had read in a review and everybody came back saying they never heard the generator. I wouldn't of booked the hotel if what has been posted recently was revealed before I booked. Funny how nobody thought of mentioning the noise from disco's and generator in any of their reviews.

The generator noise shatters idea of a relaxing around the pool in peace. I might have to reconsider the whole holiday now and change where I am going to, maybe back majorca again.
I mentioned the generator in my review,March 2006.It may have been because of the time of year.When we did stay in the hotel we went to the lovely beach.
We stayed at the Hemera in July a couple of years ago and had an apartment at the back of the complex - heard no noise from the discos or bars across the road and cannot recall any generator noise. Had a great holiday at this hotel and will return one day.
in my first stay at the hemera we where in the apartments at the back of the hotel and we did notice the generator noise but we got used to it and forgot about it as for the bars across the road that isnt too bad not sure about in august etc when the big disco is on in the castle across the road i think that is only open about once a week in the high season july and august . buti know thw old apartments at the back are now staff quarters so they are not a problem any more...
I went to Hemera in September, October and December 2007..... I heard the discos in September from my room as we were above reception. October, no noise but discos open, but my room not near them. My aunt did get a russian guest breathing vodka fumes all over her in the lift.... he was exrtremely drunk at 2.00 in the afternoon, large and only wearing shorts.... not much room in the lifts..December the generator was on, but this may have been due to the dreadful weather and frequent power cuts.

Im going back in March......in my opinion, the noise is no worse than a family of 10......and therere have been plenty of those!
im going begining of may 2 weeks would have liked to have fitted an early week in but my son is getting married in cuba so in cuba in march for 2 weeks.
i'll be there in may as well for 2 weeks
we are there from the 4th may for 2 weeks flying from east midlands.. when do you go.. :cheers :cheers
18 March for a week then 13 May for 2 weeks, both from Newcastle. So i get value from my visa again!!!!
Perfume,When do the flights from Newcastle to Antalya start?Thomas Cook told me their flights started on April 7th.
March 18 is the first flight from Newcastle. I'm all booked and paid for.
Oh no. I've never heard any mention at all about the generator noise and have read over 30 reviews! Yikes.

Lets just hope we are somewhere else within the hotel.
it will be very unusual if you hear it dont worry about it enjoy the hemera every body does..

dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.