Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ive been to cesme , its a cute little place with a castle near the marina, small town, its mainly a holiday resort full of rich turkish people, we really enjoyed our holiday there, this was about 5 years ago so not sure if things have changed since then
:tup Thanks for the replies, I had read the review on the Doga, but only the one review available. Sounds a nice place, it probably is a bit more built up since you went 5 years ago. Did you visit any interesting places? We like history, good beaches, even better if you can get to places on local transport. How does it compare to other places in Turkey? thats if you have visited other resorts. We have been to Marmaris, not keen as too big and busy. Liked Side, Hisaronu, Ephesus, etc. Cesme is probably quite different to these places, but we will enjoy it I'm sure. Thanks again for your reply, if you have any more info on Cesme it would be great to read it.
:sun2
hi

ive been visiting turkey for 26 + years up to 6 times a year and have visited. kusadasi,cesme, altinkum,bodrum, gumbet, turgutreis, bitez, yalikavak, bozburun, marmaris, icmeler, fethiye, akyaka, olu deniz, hisaronu, antalya, kemer,turunc,istanbul,side,silemia,ovacik, tekirova,beldibi, that i can think of at the moment :think .

we stayed in an all inclusive so to be honest apart from visiting ephesus and a local market we didnt do much as i had a baby with us and we were in a big group so plenty going on, we liked cesme but it wasnt my favourite place but in then middle somewhere, we love akyaka as its so scenic and very turkish with a fab beach, wasnt too keen on side as it was too expensive, i like marmaris out of season the old town end but hate it in the height of season way too busy, olu deniz, turunc, bozburun, silemia are all lovely too, im sure you will have a good holiday
Thanks for the latest message, have been to 98% of those places myself plus a few more you haven't mentioned. Just want to know a bit more about Cesme, local transport, beaches, places to visit in the vicinity etc, etc. :que
Jacox

Have a look at Trip Advisor. Not a lot of reading but this hotel has a mention and a couple of posts about Cesme itself.
since you asked me this How does it compare to other places in Turkey? thats if you have visited other resorts

ive given you a list of some of the places ive been to as you say you have been to 98% of them , then im happy to compare if you let me know which resorts you want me to compare it with, be easier than going through everyone !! :think

our hotel in cesme had a private shingly beach so we didnt use any others, we didnt see any other sandy beaches, to be honest theres not a lot there, theres a greek island nearby to visit, a weekly bazaar about 20 mins bus ride away, small compact shopping area with a castle near the marina, not many british tourists around when we were there, but quite a cute place
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.