Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Murray,

From a quick search on this site, the most recent thread mentioning the Kristal in Sunny Beach (as opposed to the hotel of the same name in Golden Sands) is this 2006 one, so either nobody has dared to try it or, if they have, haven't posted about their experience.

Baldur
yeah i spotted thoses,

cant find any current reviews on this place.

we were told it was 4 star and the photos apparently looked good, not seen them myself yet

fingers crossed they've sorted themselves out.

i'll let you all know what its like.

Cheers

Murray
Hi - I googled it and yes, terrible reviews. I found a couple going back to last year. However this sitesays that it has been recently refurbished so touch wood it will be OK. Even if it is basic, as long as it is clean, I think it is fine as it is only somewhere to sleep. It is in the market area so there will be loads of cheap eats and bars around.
Checkedthe site posted by alison...rather confused...even though the hotel info refers to Sunny Beach, the hotel featured is defo NOT the Kristal in Sunny Beach. Firstly the Kristal in not on the sea front. When you check the map and location on this site it shows the hotel is in Croatia?????
Hotel Kristal in Sunny Beach was and still is as far as I know a basic 2 star right in the market area. This hotel has been left in a rundown state for many years and Balkan were using it for Allocation on Arrivals. It was featured on holiday from hell some years ago. For the past 5 years I have seen guests arrive there and immediately check out and find other accommodation at their own expense.
I am going to SB this Friday for 3 weeks, home 12th July. Will check it out.
As you say HMJ, the hotel Kristal shown on that link is in Opatija, Croatia (Address: Marshal Tita 133/135 Opatija 51410) - not Bulgaria (unless Rijeka Airport has been physically transported into Bulgaria) ;)

Baldur
sorry guys. just went by the blurb about it being in Sunny Beach. Suppose the sea could have been a givaway... :duh
Had a look at the Kristal,Sunny Beach last week, sorry, but it is still in the state it was in last year. A great deal of the workers use the rooms there for the season.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.