Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
suite lay out
138 Posts
We are going to this hotel on 18th July, 2006 and staying in one of the suites. Is there anyone who might be able to tell me if you can hire fans, irons etc. The last hotel we stayed at in teneriffe offered this service.

Thankyou.

Janelesley
not sure if you can hire irons, there is a laundrette on site. the suites have air con, which was ok for us during August. hope this is of help.
that was the suites have air con !
We have booked (hubby,me, 16 year old and 10 year old sons) to stay at Ocean Resort next year, we have some questions to put to you kind holiday makers

1. Is here an iron in the room?
2. Is there an hairdryer?
3. Is the main beds in a seperate area/room from the sofa beds?
4. Is there pool towels available? and if there is it free oris there a charge
and what system is it?
5. Is it a wristband or card system for the AI?
6. Is there a charge for the room safe?

Many Thanks
Hi can anyone tell me what the Ocean Resort in Las Americas is like? It sounds brilliant in the brochure and got quite a good price up online but cant find any reviews on it so any comments would be much appreicated.
thanks
Helen xx
you probably cant find reviews cos it used to be called ocean palace
it has since merged with property behind it (nogal beach) to become ocean resor. If you are in a suite room you will be on ocean palace side, if you are in an apartment, you will be in nogal beach side. the two are connected by a bridge.
hotel is exclusive to first choice and its companies.
ive stayed there before and its very nice.
i work for first choice and its one of our best selling properties.
just back from my 5th visit and gone downhill since going all inclusive report will follow
hello kazmolly depends if your in nogal beach [apartments] or ocean palace [suites] now both known as ocean resort i have stayed in both and heres the answers to your questions
1 Is here an iron in the room? no in either

2. Is there an hairdryer? yes in ocean no in nogal

3. Is the main beds in a seperate area/room from the sofa beds? yes both

4. Is there pool towels available? and if there is it free oris there a charge
and what system is it? no in either

5. Is it a wristband or card system for the AI? yes wristband in both paper type

6. Is there a charge for the room safe? yes 35 euros for 2 wks 5 euros back when key return

hope this helps any other questions feel free to pm just got back last week so very up to date
Thanks for that Broadfield, great to know, even though there is no iron in the room, can one be hired or do you have to go to the laundry room (somewhere I'm hoping to avoid, I'll be on holiday!) Well hope you had a great time, and again thanks! :wink:
sorry no iron in laundry room we take a travel iron find this does fine remember adaptor plug
Thanks for that Broadfields,just one more question - sorry! Is there a dress code in the restaurants?

Cheers :glynis
no dress code as such but for restraurant at breakfast and dinner you cant wear bikini for example must have vest or t shirt on lunch served outdoors wear what u want there inc bikinis
Thanks for that,

Kaz
Hi, just got back from the Ocean Resort 2nd August, 2006 and yes you can hire pool towels from the beauty salon. They were 5 euros desposit per towel and if you wanted to change them they charged you 1 euro each towel.

Jane
Thanks for that Jane hope you had a great time, do you get the full 5Euros back and can you only get one towel per person?

Did all the sun loungers get taken early? (hopefully we wont have to get up at 7.30 to claim a bed!) or did the hotel make sure this did not happen?

Karen
Hi Karen,

Yes you can hire more than one towel and providing you take your towels back you will get your 5 euro deposit. As regards the sunbeds, depends when you are going. If you are going in the school holidays, then I'm afraid you will have to set your alarms to get a sunbed (sorry). All parasols and sunbeds were all taken by 7.30am. The hotel did take all the towels off one day, but everyone was up in arms and they didn't do it again. Some people actually took their parasol and base up to there rooms for the night ( struggling up the stairs with a concrete base, is it worth it?)

Please let me know on your return what you thought about the hotel.

Enjoy

Jane
Will do Jane - I won't be flexing my muscles! :thanks
just returned on the 11th Aug and holiday overall was enjyable, entertainment reps were active and friendly especially Nat and Stu.

Not alot for adults to do around the pool during daytime tho unless u play 5 a side football or want to join your child in the pool olympics.. did both was great fun, alot going on for kids though thats the main thing.. however as previously stated the poolside does get very slippy, during our 2 week stay we did see 2 kids go to hospital and return with stiches in face due to slipping over, if u have small children i would try and get them some none slip sandals for round the pool area. We also had to get up before 7.30 am to get a parasol and sunbeds so take your alarm clock :wink:

We also used the laundry while away however the only machine in use was the one in the nogul appts side and was very busy so had to wait a while to get washing done.. cost is 3 euros for machine and same price for tumble dryer. we also hired an ironing board and iron from reception for 15 euros with a 10 euro deposit this was for 7 days, well worth it as we had no washing 2 do on return.

Bars both poolside and indoor on evening aswell as restaurant never seemed too busy so that was a relief not standing in a queue for ages, waiter serving at poolside bar seemed a bit ignorant only offering a grunt when it was your turn to be served but staff overall v friendly.

We also paid for use of TV in room for 28 euros for the 2 weeks and they do warn you that you may not receive sound on bbc 1 at certain times, this is an understatement we were lucky if we recieved a picture nevermind sound for atleast 12 of the 14 days, however as we did get it for the littleun to watch rather than us she still had the cartoon and movie channel but was a bit annying that they couldnt fix this after numerous complaints, we also witnessed during our stay atleast 1 cockroach per night in room but certainly not an epidemic of them..

Also a couple with their 2 children who we met at hotel did get their money stolen from room with no sign of forced entry, they were staying in a suite in main block, so i would strongly recommend any 1 going here to get a safety deposit box

All in al though was a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, as this was our 1st all inclusive package holiday and good value for money i would certainly do all inclusive again, but will be going back to majorca again next year..
Tony, glad you had a good time, on reading your post can you tell me if the safe in your rooms and how much are they to hire and also if you dont hire the TVs do you still get some basic channels?

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.