Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hope its not too bad as I'm off here on 18th December!
everybodys different scottishmum its just it was a great hotel before it went all inc still gets good reviews from people who perhaps havent been before so have nothing to compare it with hope you have a good time come back and let us know
Despite our concerns at the standards having slipped I must agree with broadfields in that we actually did have a good holiday and many other guests did also. We actually travelled with 4 other families (on our recommendation!!) so we had a fun time, even though we were constantly thinking, "I hope they like it here". However, there were loads of guests like ourselves who had been when it was excellent and would not return. Maybe our problem is that we've been totally spoilt at the Bahia Principe and also the nearby Melia Jardines Del Teide, for the similar amount of money paid out to go to the Ocean Resort.
Thanks for your replies. I've been to a couple of the first choice holiday villages which have been great, so I'm definitely going to try NOT to compare with those and take this holiday as it comes. A holiday is what you make it too after all!

Thanks again

Catherine x
Have left a review of this place for anyone thats interested. Wasn't really impressed with this hotel much at all I'm afraid.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Catherine x
:) Hi going to Ocean Resort Palace in October but reading some reviews about the accommodation having mixed feelings can anybody give me some more information about the accommodation
thanks Janet :que
what kind of other information are you looking for il see if i can help
:) hi reading the reviews seems that the sister hotel nogal beach next door not as good as the main hotel just would like to know are all the apartments at nogal beach and the suite in the main building ocean resort palace
thanks janet :)
yes, all the apartments are the nogal beach side and quite ocean palace side
as beccafcr said aprts in nogal and not as good as the main side of hotel anything else i can help with ??
;) hi reading some report the apartments at the nogel beach are very poor
:que Janet
dont know if i would say very poor but probebly 3 star at most the ocean resort is meant to be 4 star so a bit unfair in my eyes. I have stayed there twice and thought they were fine but having also stayed in main hotel 4 times i do prefer the main hotel
:tup thanks do not mind has long as they are clean, what did you think of the food and the Facilities of the hotel
:) Janet
the food was fine plenty off it and there is always something to take your fancy hotel overall is great if you have kids all the better as most things aimed at keeping them entertained ie the nighttime shows the bar also shuts at 11.45 prompt again if with kids thats fine but wee tad early in my opinion but as the beer is terrible its no bad thing i drank the vodka with fanta lemon as coudnt face the beer hope you enjoy im sure you will il will be in the hotel on 5th july to visit a friend who works behind the bar will let you know of any other changes since my last visit
:) hi thanks just like to know if there's any bars near hotel because second week of our holiday my brother coming over for aweek and he has teenagers so 11.45 might be a bit early for them
thanks Janet ;)
yes janet about 15 mins walk downhill to the beach there are plenty good bars there also if you turn right outside hotel and go uphill 5 mins away turn right at top of hill there is a good wee bar there only open at night and hard to find as there is no windows if i remember rightly open very late
A reply to Janet Beales

If you go onto page 3 of the Tenerife forum you will find another discussion about ocean palace/resort with loads of info.
I was a regular visitor to ocean palace/resort but will go no more since it turned A.I.
We went last summer and it has nosedived since going A.I.
If you have already booked I would recommend upgrading to a suite if you have not already.

Another point worth noting is that I have just received a first choice brochure for 2009 and the ocean resort is no longer in. I wonder if first choice have dropped this hotel for 2009 due to the amount of complaints received ? Or might there be another reason, like the hotel being refurbished ?
:) thanks for the information i have not booked with first choice but with youtravel alot cheaper than first choice they are getting back to me regards the accommodation we have booked
thanks janet :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.