Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Just got a letter from First Choice updating our holiday, it states:

"Due to lack of demand the hotelier has decided to close the bar next to the entertainment area, there is still a main bar, 2 poolside bars and the Irish Style bar for your enjoyment. In addition the jacuzzi is actually a whirlpool".

The last bit doesn't bother me but can anyone tell me if the closure of the entertainment bar be bothersome?
sorry i dont understand this the bar next to entertainment area is the so called irish bar the main bar they refer to i imagine is the entertainment bar the poolside bars i understand as one is in the annex the other by main pool in original ocean palace there was a very small bar near reception but its been closed for ages so they have me confused let me know when you get back kaz
Will do even though its next year!

Thanks anyway :glynis
Just got another letter from FC stating another change - the childrens club will finish at 11.00 pm and it will run for only six days not seven - this is a minor change for us so we are not bothered and maybe it was nice of them to let us know! this is a third notification since we booked our holiday and we wonder how many more there will be before July 2007?!
What will be there in the end?
its anybodys guess as since its gone all inc the changes happen weekly so it seems
has anyone stayed here? is it nice i beleive it use to be called ocean [palace looking at going for christmas struggling to finda 2 bed all inclusive
Yes it used to be Ocean Palace & Nogal Beach next door joined together beginning of last year if I remember right. We stayed there during renovations (nogal Beach) and went to Ocean palace a couple of times - lovely big pool area. Inside was real nice but had a few problems them, but I think that was because of the changes. Its up a bit of a hill - okay if you don't mind a bit of a walk to the beach. if you look back this forum there should be a couple of threads with details about the renovations. Sorry not technical minded enough to attach them!
I'd imagine it would be nice now :)
you may like to have a look a the reviews of this resort in the Hotel Reviews section.

If you click here this will take you to the page. Last report was Dec 2006
we have finally booked pur holiday for this year and we chose the ocean resort. all the reviews are good and the pictures look lovely. cant wait now, roll on october!!! (seems so far away :( )
Going to Ocean in may :lol:
I stayed here 3 years ago when it was just Ocean Palace, it's gorgeous, unfortunately though the Nogal (sp?) that it has joined up with does not look as nice from what we saw.

Just hope you are in the Palace side, thats all I can say. :lol:
Yes we are staying in the 4* studios, the apartments are supossidly not as good and are more like a 3* but the travel agent made sure we all got studios (10 of us going in total)
cant wait!!!
8)
for appt try 2 star but the bit your going to is very nice
We're booked up for a week all-inclusive arriving 1st January 2008. Family of 4 (kids 13 &10)

Has anyone stayed there before?

Can you advised on the best location, to request a room in the complex?

Are there many bars/shops around the complex?

How far to the centre of the resort?

Thank you for any advise.

Marco & family
Hi Marco ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing 4 page topic, which may provide you with some useful info while you wait for more feedback. You can also read our reviews of this complex by clicking HERE.

David :wave
:D Hi off in 2 weeks. as my kids would say 13 sleeps left

Just would like to know what people thought of the kids clubs. Was it stricked sign in sign out?

Kids not gone into kids clubs before and just being an over protective mum :?

Hope you all have had or will be having a good holiday.

Thanks
Emma and Crew x :)
[sorry i dont understand this the bar next to entertainment area is the so called irish bar the main bar they refer to i imagine is the entertainment bar the poolside bars i understand as one is in the annex the other by main pool in original ocean palace there was a very small bar near reception but its been closed for ages so they have me confused let me know when you get back kaz ]

Been back a couple of weeks now and to end your confusion (after all this time!) the bar that is closed is the little one by reception as you already knew !?

Kaz
Has anyone been in November? Are there many kids there at this time of year?

Are the pools still warm enough to swim in?

Thanks

Stix
I was wondering if any other members have encountered any problems at the Ocean Resort hotel this year?
We visited this hotel the first 2 weeks in August. We have been to this accomodation 4 times previously and have always had an excellent time. However, this was our first visit since it became all inclusive. On our return I e-mailed First Choice customer services with a " letter of concern, not complaint ". Basically, i stated about our previous visits and how we feel the standards have slipped dramatically since it became all inclusive and that we would not be returning! I have just received their reply which basically mentioned they would be passing my concerns on to the resort management team. Unfortunately, one of the main problems during our stay was the First Choice reps fobbing people off and making lame excuses for the hotels failings!! I could go on for ever about the problems encountered but you only have to look at the reviews on this and other review sites and you will find them all covered. In hindsight i should have realised what was to come, as i remember pricing this hotel for August 2005(on half board) and it was about £500 dearer than what we paid this year for all inclusive!!! - and this was booking a year in advance as we always do. We feel it's a shame that first choice are not prepared to investigate fully and get things sorted out. After all, this WAS a Gold Choice hotel. I wonder why it's no more???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.