Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Oscardrell

You have also got Seas Cafe just behind the hotel - BOGOF happy hour and quiz. Apache is 2 mins away and had the cheapest pint in Es Cana (1.50) when we were there in June.

John.
Heard of Charlies, sounds like they get some good artists.

Can't wait to go

Thanks
:)
Hotel Marina Panorama sold to Rosu Hotels
It appears that the excellent Marina Hotels chain has sold 4 of its hotels to this new outfit.

The Panorama (Es Cana) is (was) their only property in Ibiza and exclusive to the Thomsons Gold brochure (perhaps not now though ?), an excellent hotel with a large loyal repeat client base.

They have also sold the Skorpios, Corfu and Don Rey Jaime in Mallorca.
Can anyone help with this please?

This email address...[i]panorama@marina-hotels.com [/i]does not work anymore as I understand the hotel has changed management.

Many thanks!
Hi m123 .. this is the web address for Rosu Hotels, owners of the Panorama, but it seems to be undergoing maintenance at the moment:
http://www.rosuhotels.com/

David :wave
Hi,
Please see bwlow from new owners (ROSU):

recepcion.panorama@rosuhotels.com

Thanks
going to panorama for first time on 24/06 for two weeks will let you know what it was like.Thomsons have 100% bookings for this hotel. we went on thomsons web site and did a build your own holiday it was cheaper than a thomsons package.we have tried to get a superior room but to no avail
We went last year in August and again in May We loved it I thing once you go there you will not want to go anywhere else.

The Panorama (Es Cana) is (was) their only property in Ibiza and exclusive to the Thomsons Gold brochure (perhaps not now though ?), an excellent hotel with a large loyal repeat client base.

just beware.when a hotel changes hands.thomsons may pull out at any time later this year.i have seen it happen with other hotels in ibiza.they either move to diy only.or go for another company to fill the rooms for them.and not with british people i might say..Es Cana really is the last strong hold of british people left on the island.playa den bossa is not like it used to be.a lot of people i know have moved to es cana.i know its a open market.but this year i have seen a few bars really fall on hardtimes.people are in resort but not enough brits.who spend the money.others just buy one drink all night or share one.
was going to book this hotel for next year does anyone know if it is still a thompsons gold hotel .
well i did a quick check and it says ok.but you never know.?.
nothing wrong with panorama es cana. just returned 07/09.Plenty of sunbeds rooms have fridges and air conditioning.food good with gala night on tuesdays,includes lobster and other seafood.A la carte restaurant which you can book once per week free of charge. Beer 3.60 pint bottle wine 10 euros long spirit drink 4.20 euros. Happy hour 18000-2100 in bar only on long spirit drinks and wine.
new email address recepcion.panorama@rosuhotels.com
we ate on outside terrace as restauant seats were close together. cheapest bar in es cana is apaches 2 pints 2 euros all day.
Hi MAGPIE62 ... for the benefit of fellow holidaymakers, perhaps you would like to be first to review this hotel for 2009 .... please click here.

Many thanks
David :wave
Hi Everyone

I am due to at Panorama on the 29th Aug for two weeks and I have a few questions that have not be answered by the reviews. Could anyone answer the following? ;)

Does the hotel have computers with the internet connected that guests can use?
How far away is the local pharamacy
How far away is the local shop (for bits and pieces like drinks and crisps etc)
We have a pre-booked taxi from the airport and I just wondered how long it would take to get to the hotel???

Thank you in advance!! :cheers

Watkins
:whoops also forgot to ask if the superior rooms had deposit boxs in them?

Ta
Writing on 30/07/2009 Anonymous from Bedfordshire said...

The hotel was overall good value for money, however a few small things just spoiled the spirit of the Thompson Gold standard for me. You have to pay extra for use of internet which although isn't extortionate it smacks of meaness. All rooms have a safe for your valuables but you have to pay #20 per week for a key to use the safe (which you don't gt back). You also have to pay extra to use a towel around the pool and as a lot of people do not think they have to provide their own towels on a supposedly 5 STAR holiday this was annoying

yes to pc
2 min walk away
2 min walk away
20 to 25 mins if that depends on traffic.
safe is in room

this is not classed as a 5 star hotel either

you had no need to pre book taxi really.loads outside in rank.
re hotel panorama. pharmacy turn left on front about 100 metres away. Best supermarket turn left at front go passed apache bar keep on that side for another 200 metres. You can get beach/sunbed towels from reception, 10 euros per person keep receipt and you will get all your money back at the end of your stay.You can change them every day if you want to. Best sandwich shop is on corner if you turn right at front. Safety deposit box abou 40 euros per fortnight.Cheapest bar apache 2 euros two pints.internet is available but you pay for it.
If you want a cheap shop for things like water etc, then I would suggest coming towards the beach and turning right. Follow the road around the bend and head towards the hippy market. Up by the Bull bar is a Spar supermarket and we found that to be the cheapest.

We stayed in the Ereso and we hired a fridge for the week to keep drinks in and we got a 8 litre bottle of water from the Spar for 2 euro 20 and we topped up smaller bottles and kept them in the fridge. Our hotel was charging 1.30 for a small bottle.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.