Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
i do believe the hotel is a thomson exclusive, may possible be available via portland direct. failing that i would try direct with the hotel.

beach only a few minutes away

sorry can't answer any other questions, but the hotel does look nice, we've walked by.
hi,my dad has stayed here 3 times,excellent hotel, i can answer some of your questions but not all. the e mail adresss is panorama@marina-hotels.com i sent them an e mail this year asking about booking direct and the process of doing so and they said a 20%deposit is required to reserve a room,the rest of the balance pay on arrival.the beach is literaly across the road,3 mins tops. dont know about the sunbed situation,but cant see a problem in may.not sure about drinks prices etc,but loads of bars and restaurants in es cana with good prices.as for trips,the hotel is diagonally across from the harbour where the water taxis and boats come in regularly all day,ask for a seaview room and you can see this from your balcony,the water taxis arnt expensive and you can go all over,santa eulalia,ibiza town,formentera,cala longa,cala pada etc.its always cheaper to go without the tour company as im sure you know.5 mins away is the mini bus station,very cheap and easy to get buses to santa eulalia and then to anywhere on the island.hope you enjoy yourself, any more questions,dont hesitate to ask. :) mo
We've stayed here twice and really like the hotel. :D Not sure about price of drinks but had no problems with the sunbeds
Thanks for your replies they are a great help very informative.

If anyone can help with any of the other questions that would be great

Also does anyone know the difference between Panorama I and II?

Thanks Dawn
The price of drinks in the Panorama is cetainly higher than in the surrounding bars, but they always do a good offer for their cocktail of the day. We're going back next week - it will be my fourth visit to the hotel and the sixth stay in Es Cana. The dance that everyone talks about is la Bomba. The waiters stop serving drinks and come onto the stage with straw hats to dance. Always gets the crowds going! Don't miss the managers cocktail party when representatives of all the different types of staff introduce themselves on stage and often dance or play isntruments as well. Free drinks all round! The prime spot beds are always covered with towels early in the morning, but there are plenty of them if you don't mind being a little away from the edge of the pool. I've always been in peak season, but would imagine it's easier out of season. Great friendly staff who will do their best to sort out any problems. The customer service manager calls your room the day after you arive to make sure everything is o.k.
Hi Missismac

Thanks for all the info sounds like you are a big fan of the hotel. Like it when the staff join in hate it when they are miserable spoils the holiday.

Is it better to stay in block 1 or 2 do you know?

Hope you have a great holiday.

Cheers Dawn
Went for a look round this hotel with a view to maybe trying Thomson gold in a year or two when the daughter no longer wants to come with us.

My wife called it the over 60's club and thought that it was like a mortuary.

Very very quiet round the pool.

I dont think its for us just yet.I'm 48 and my wife is 43
:wave Thinking of booking this hotel for next years hol's anybody been recently, is it best to book a sea view or pool view and which is the best floor to stop on , if you have a room number that would be good

Thanks in advance love Jen xxx
Hi everyone,
Myself and my boyfriend are going to Es Cana and staying at the Marina Panorama in July this year for 2 weeks.
we are ages 19 and 25. Just wondered if any other couples our age are staying at this hotel (or the area) around the 12th of July? The reviews are mainly from people from the age 45+, and I'm a bit worried that there won't be anyone our ages there when we go to hit the bars with!
Also, can anybody recommend some nice restaurants?
Are there many bars in Es cana, and if so, which ones would suit our lively nature?
We are told to visit San Antonio, is there a bus that will take us there in the evening?
Thanks!
Hi Charlotte :wave:

I don't think you will have any problem meeting up with people of your own age. I believe the Panorama has (or had) a policy of no children - although I stand to be corrected - thus most of the reviews are probably from a more "middle aged" cross section who perhaps are once again enjoying the freedom of holidays without the kids (theirs or anyone elses !!)

There are bars to suit all tastes in Es Cana and if its really nice restaurants (without decrying what the resort has on offer) you could do no worse than make the short trip into Santa Eulalia which boasts some of the best eating places in the area.

I think you best bet to get to San Antonio is by taxi. Not sure if buses run direct into San An. In past I think I've had to change in Santa Eulalia.Plus not sure how late the buses would run back to the resort.

I'm sure you will enjoy the Panorama and the resort

As you are there for 2 weeks take the opportunity to get around the Island if you haven't done so before. You will find many places of interest which helps if you ever go back and give a much better impression of the island as a whole.
Thanks for your reply.
The reveiws of the Panorama seem to be good and I am really looking forward to it.

What are the prices for a taxi like around the area?

I've been to Portinax before and I'm hoping that it wont be as quiet as that- though we didn't want to stay in San An it's too lively. We choose Es Cana because it seemed in between the both.

Thanks again.
Not sure of the taxi prices but you have the 'water taxi' about 2 mins from your hotel will will take you up (and down) the coast for a few Euro.
About the same distance away is the bsu station which will take you into Santa Eulària where you can get buses to just about anywhere on the Island I think.

John
Additional information may be found on our Marina Panorama reviews page, where we would also welcome further feedback from any recent visitors to the hotel.

David :wave
Hi

Stayed at this hotel for a week last august. Location was good just across the road from a lovely beach. Hotel was ok not the best of the gold range but ok. Food was plentiful but we were not impressed not a patch on the Milord in San antonio Bay. Entertainment was dire so we went out every night. Resort is very pleasant just enough to do, plenty of watering holes, no larger louts. Pool area and sunbeds situation was not for us. You could not move sunbeds packed tight against each other. once you were in you could not get out and you had to be up early to bag one. We just went to the beach everyday much more pleasant.
I would recommend a sea view room if you can get one. We had a side sea view at the front of the hotel and it was lovely to watch the activity along the front. All in all a nice hotel but been to better.

Marie
I loved this hotel. Get a sea view room.

resort is lovely, a lively bar is just to the left outside the hotel and is open until late with live bands etc. pool area while busy didnt feel too crowded and there is ample space up steps behind the pool area with more sun beds. beach was clean and very nice, not massive, but just right. market up the road to the right behind the hotel with a few more bars (one done out like the simpsons Moe's tavern), the staff in the hotel were excellent and the entertainment I thought was brilliant with great shows every night. Oh yeah, the La Bomba song the staff do every night is a great laugh, especially when they get the audience up to dance with them!
:wave Hi everyone, I notice no one answer Dawns Question, does anyone know the difference between Panorama I and II?

Jean xxx
I think Dawns question is from a couple of years back (due to the threads being merged)

However, I suspect the difference is that the Hotel has the original building dating from when the resort was just being developed plus a more modern extension

From my recolection when I stayed there this was just a chioce of accomodation with all the other ameneties being shared.
Dont think the quality of the rooms varies much.
Hi,
Can anybody tell me is there a Waterpark in Es Cana...? If not, where are the waterparks and are they worth a visit? Is there a bus that goes to any of them from Es Cana..?

Thanks!
waterpark is at Playa den bossa.you can get a bus to Ibiza Town then a taxi or another bus,PDB is very near Ibiza Town.Alternative is to get the ferry boat then another boat to PDB,this might take a bit of time though
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.