Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
hi
We went to tunisia for the first time last year.We stayed in PEK.
We stayed in the golf residence and were very supprised with the standard of the hotel.
The room was quite big with plenty of storage space for the 3 of us.
The food in the buffet restaurant was excellent with a wide choice of cold and hot dishes.
The breakfast was brill pancakes,eggs cooked to order plus all usual choices.
The hotel has its own micro brewery attatched.Drinks are very reasonable.
The beer was cheap don't know about the spirits sorry.We drank our duty frees on the balcony.
There is a pool bar and cafe which serves very good meals at a good price.
The hotel pool is quite large with plenty of beds available.
The hotel is right opposite the water park.
Didn't have a problem taking water into the hotel,it did have its own supermarket which was competitive.
The security didn't seem to bother but there were a couple of ways in.
I did leave a report but i slipped up by not leaving enough stars.Hope that helps a little.
if you let us know what stars you wanted to give, we can amend it for you seahunt.

kath x
I have been to 3 hotels in PEK.1st was Golf Residence,didnt rate the food,and loud Disco adjoining it,which is awful for guests in rooms at the front of the hotel,this was about 7 years ago,although we went to changing ladies show there in 2007 and I thought the hotel was needing a refurb.Stayed at Maharba Palace twice,lovely hotel,although a bit old fashioned inside,food was good and lovely pool,hotel on the beach and 5 min walk to the marina,entertainment in the evening is just a piano player,or a Tunisian on a guitar that cant sing.Stayed at the Royal Kenz last October,and that is my favourite,adults only,food was excellent,lots of choice.2 lovely pools.They have an animation team for the day and evening entertainment,night time was audition partisitation shows,not that good,but good for Tunisia,we had a new refurbished room,nice and modern,bright colours,and LCD tv. The beach is 5 min walk away at the back of the hotel down a little private road with the trees hanging over,they have their own beach bar serving excellent food.This hotel was cheaper than Maharba Palace,for the sunbed mattresses,safe deposit boxes,and free beach towels,etc.They charged only 3 dinars for 6 one and half litre bottles of water,so no need to buy from outside!.there are restaurants and shops 5 min walk from the hotel.They are carrying on with the refurb at the moment and should be finished again in the spring until next winter.
My daughter & I had a lovely stay at the Hotel Kanta. A nice location, biggish pool &central for everything.There was a little Tuk Tuk to take us to the beach each day. You could also choose whether to have your main meal at lunchtime or in the evening.
Hi Kath (admin)I would like you to upgrade my stars for the staff to 4.They were very helpful and friendly.
Even when our son lock the keys in the room on 2 occassions.
stayed at Marhaba Palace, and it was great. Good food, ideal location...
hi crispy we are looking at the royal kenz and the maharba palace for june.i thought the maharba would be good because its more central but the royal kenz would be good because no kids! ( i have got them but they 're grown up now) interesting that you thought the kenz prices were cheaper as its further out from the centre. can you tell me how long it takes to walk into pek centre?we can get a taxi back but like a stroll in the evening.
thanks
The walk to the marina from the Royal Kenz takes about 30min along the beach and on the road,we payed 4dinars ( about £2 ) for a taxi.There are some small restaurants and shops,Hawai Centre,just over the road from the Kenz,no more expensive than the marina,even cheaper.
thanks crispy. i am looking at going in june and first choice have an option of late check out room for an extra £15.do you know if it is cheaper to book a late check out when you are there? and what time you can keep your room until? i thought £15 was reasonable though.
thanks
Bushbaby,I went to the Kenz with Thomsons and they wanted £22 for a late checkout room,so £15 is good,thats about the same as the hotel charges,I think the time for keeping your room on until is 6pm.The hotel does beach towels,you pay 10dnr for a token which you exchange for a towel at the pool bar,you can change for fresh towels every day if you wish,and at the end of your holiday just take your towel and ask for a token back and take it back to reception for your 10dnr returned.
have been going to golf residence for a few years going again in august cant wait great hotel my two cents
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.