Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:wave Bunny ..the sea is really bad you could not swim in it ....some beaches are ok but i would still tell you dont swim in the sea in goa ....colleen
To be honest, it's nearly impossible to swim in the North... but the waves can be fun!! But I agree with IC it can be quite dangerous, I got some serious bruises on my first day. Although in Palolem the sea was alot calmer, also the guys from our shack took us to a little secluded beach where we managed to have a little swim.
You need to be careful of your bikini bottoms in those waves!! :rofl :rofl :omg
yes i can vouch for that one !!! :oops:
And in the south, my friend showed a lot more of her upper body than intended!!!

Sue
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif....And me everyone on the beach has seen my white bits at somethime or other .....
I am so glad I am not the only one. With all the fellas on the beach taking photos of the ladies, the couple we were with suggested they might be starting up a new website INVALID URL I flipping well hope not, it would put anyone off going.
My fella pulled a drowned man out of the sea a few years ago. Since then he won't go in above his waist and he's a really strong swimmer. It was a riptide at Baga and an experience he's never forgotten. There are some calmer beaches around where there's not much of a current but the main stretch can be pretty hazardous. Go in about as far as your bikini bottoms (and hold them tight) but be careful venturing much further.
We went to Mandren My OH and us 5 girls went in the sea and I pulled his shorts off messing about and a wave took them. It was the only pair he had with him so he had to do a David Beckham and wear a sarong for the next 24 hours he wouldnt come out of the water for some time :oops:
thanks for the tips guys, can anyone recommend any hotels there?
we're looking at spending around £10 a night on a hotel

Your budget is a bit low (850Rs) for a hotel - even by Goa standards. :shock:

For that sort of money, you should be looking at rooms in a private house or an apartment. :lol:
We've seen loads on there for around £7 - £12 so i thought around average was a tenner.....
For instance look here http://www.gogoa.com/ronil-royale-beach-resort.html
This is classed as a budget hotel. :lol:
Then there's Renton Manor which aint exactly luxury. http://www.gogoa.com/ronil-royale-beach-resort.html#sodders

Of course you'll find something cheaper - and I wish you luck. :wink:
Thanks guys, we've just booked up beira mar at £8 a night, bargain :D Bring on feb 1st :D
btw is it even safe to paddle in goa? it sounds quite scary from some of the posts just to even enter the water lol!! :shock:
Paddling no problem. Waves are so big some days paddling can be a lot of fun. Just don't get out of your depth that's the key.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.