Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Have you finished........ :? just joking.
Glad you thought the hotel was good. As you say in the summer season they must cater for the burger and pizza brigade as that was mostlly what was on the menu along with pork escalopes and liver, when we were there. Your meals sounded great, but as it's off season perhaps the chef has more time to prepare better meals.

Cazz, Mick n Tom. :)
Welcome back Yorkie!! :D Phew!! Thank goodness for that! I'm really glad you had a good time, and have given a favourable report on the Regente Sanji!... I've always found the Regente to be clean, excellent value for money, and indeed a friendly and welcoming place to stay. In fact I got so worried when you mentioned the "bug", that I came out in sympathy and got one of my own!!!...Mine lasted 5 days and I never even set foot out of Lancashire! (Shut It Girl)!! :lol: ...I think there will be a certain Hard Drinkin...Pigeon Fancying family from Leeds pretty relieved too!! :lol: :lol:

Good to have you back Skipper!!...The Ships in safe hands again!! :D

Best Regards - Taggy. :D
Hiya Taggy
I also forgot to mention the breakfasts, and I would defy anyone to tell me that they would get a better breakfast in a 4* hotel.

I can personally compare the Regente breakfasts with the 4* hotel Los Dalmatas breakfasts....and there is absolutely NO difference...including champagne if you want it. :wink:

besos xxx
sanji
Thankyou Sanji for your detailed report about the Regente, it was very reassuring. We are now looking forward to our stay.
4 weeks on Tuesday :fly :glynis :sun

...I think there will be a certain Hard Drinkin...Pigeon Fancying family from Leeds pretty relieved too!!

Taggy :lol: You cheeky devil.

Sue :) :)
Here you are folks....part one of the Regente video as promised
Part two which is featuring the food, will follow ASAP.
Enjoy...
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=111266

Besos xxx
SanJi
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-08-08 21:44:18
People were moaning about the food, but they still managed to fill their plates up every night from the buffet and went back for more"¦

It never ceases to amaze me that some people can complain bitterly about the buffet and continue to eat far more than anyone else who say they enjoy it!!!!!
Sanji

How much did they charge for non-residents to go to the buffets?

I expect it was similar to Rio Park, but would like to know since it is a way from where we are. Must find out if you can't tell me.
How much did they charge for non-residents to go to the buffets?

For some reason, I have the figure €9.50 in my head, but don`t quote me on it.... I`ve just asked Mr Sanji and he came up with the same figure without any prompting. :wink:

Besos xxxx
Here you are folks...part 2 :wink:
In all fairness, in retrospect this was not one of the better nights food to video, but I can assure you that we did have salmon, trout, hake, tikka masala, chilli c0n carne and fresh prawns. :wink:
I really should have asked to go into the restuarant and film before the people attacked the displays. :wink:
Considering that people were moaning about the food.....all I will say is, that someone was eating the food to empty the displays and "devastate" the sweet counter. :wink:
You will see at the end, the workers busy disinfecting with a spray and making the place spotless, including cleaning underneath the hot displays.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=111266

Besos xxx
SanJi
having stopped at the regente many many times anyone that goes hungry in this hotel must live on 7 or 8 star food every thing sanji has said is perfectly true the food just gets better and better every time you go if you have any complain just ask antonio or pedro who ever is on duty they will help you with anything we stopped over xmas me nor the wife like turkey and it was no trouble they cooked us steak go try it
many thanks this is definatley a med playa hotel i thought i had seen somewher you could book this private but alas no you cannot its portland thomsons and skytours but i have been here when airtours have had people in here seems strange
I just had a look on the Med Playa website and you're correct!! That has changed because you used to be able to book direct using the website.

I wonder if it has anything to do with who paid for the renovations???

Rio Park and Riudor are Thomson only too!
hi honky tonk,stayed at regente last year,you can book with the hotel but the rooms are in the basement with no balconys etc,no sunlight either ,kev
daughter lives out in benidorm,she popped in regente yesterday to see some friends and said that 20 people were at reception all had the dreaded benidorm bug,seems its still at the regente
:yikes :yikes :yikes 11 more days and we'll be there :fly Hope we don't get it. :cry: Taggy's going just before us so I'll get an update from him.

Sue :)
Sue
Have a tot of whisky or brandy as soon as you get up in the morning, it seems to work for us.
For Goodness sake Christine...She needs little enough encouragement as it is!!! :rofl

I'm taking a triple supply of Imodium...just in case. We go next Weds so will let you know then!!

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Sue
Have a tot of whisky or brandy as soon as you get up in the morning, it seems to work for us.

:thanks for that Christine, It's ok for us to do that but what about the kids :?: I can hardly plough them with alcohol first thing in the morning can I :?: :lol:
We'll just have to be extra hygiene conscious and hope for the best :roll:

Oh Taggy, sorry for the delay in replying but i've just returned from my A.A meeting. :rofl :rofl and no :lol: there's nothing wrong with my car :!:
I'm at The Regente now and have not had any problems with any "bugs". There was an old couple complaining they were a little unwell when we checked in, but other than that have heard no more complaints. They still have wipes to use before you go in the dinning room, and the food choice now includes more for children than it did in January, so the choice for adults whilst being more than adequate, is not quite as extensive as it was then. Hotel lovely and clean, staff as friendly as ever, weather very good, all in all having a good time but home tomorrow :(

regards taggy :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.