Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
they had the martial arts bloke,brazil dance show and a duo same as last year. also a karaoke night.
never saw any bingo on any visit to this hotel
anyone been to this hotel in october???
yes!

i presume you want some info on this, so please ask.
if its about weather, look at sticky thread above,
if its about entertainment then this hotel usually carries on through early october at least.
hi & thanks !

to be honest we prob wont stay in ,during the evening for the entertainment

we like to go out and about (will have a hire car)

is there much going on there or round and about elsewhere during end october ?(half term)

or does it shut down like some other places

ive read loads of reviews and it most seem to say its really noisy and not easy to sleep ?!

was hoping it may be a little quieter in oct?
at half term the season is normally winding down but lloret is big enough resort that there will always be plenty open, certainly during the day.
as long as you are lucky with the weather you will be fine.
look here
http://www.lloretguide.com/
and here
http://www.lloretguia.com/index_e.php&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlloret%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.lloretguia.com/index_e.php&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlloret%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D
for info on lloret
or even here
http://www.lloret.org/uk/laciutat.htm
i have never found this hotel too noisy to sleep, but there will always be nights in AI hotel where there is the family from hell and so noise follows.
the hotel itself is not in the main part of lloret so not really affected by the young clubber generation.
if you are the type to go to bed early then you may have problems.
all surrounding resorts will have much the same going on at night, so you might actually be better off looking at the hotels entertainment rather than going out at night, unless you are off to barcelona.
h top hotels offer a cabaret night and a medieval night for not a lot of money.
try a visit to the sealife museum(is this correct name) in barcelona harbour. it is very good, but dont go on reps trip as you do not get enough time as you have to go on the "mandatory" trip round barcelona first.
hope this helps.
thats great thanks for the links and info :D

we are deffo planning a trip to barcelona as i have a footy mad son !! also its somewhere ive always wanted to go
i went to madrid last yr and loved it ,fab city

a day at port aventura also planned and the water park ,though only the indoors bit will be open
Hi
I went to the Royal Beach Hotel, in October 04, and October 05, last year every where round about started to close early.
the first year we quite enjoyed it, but last year we tended to eat out more as we left the food standard had dropped, room itself was kept spotless, and the karaoke night was the best for entertainment, there is a bar across the road from the hotel called robin hood and its on till early hours, a lot of people stayed at hotel till 12, then headed to the robin hood.

Beware there is a lot of very rude germans use this hotel in October.
Happy Hols
fiona
thanks fiona :D

TBH we are only paying £148 pp for one week so even if we eat out for lunch and or evening meal every day and just use the hotel for breakfast / snacks / drinks its still a good price IMO
Hi, i'm hoping to book a holiday by coach for the first time for August 2007 a year away i know, we are wanting to stay at the Royal Beach Hotel Lloret De Mar/Fanals with either Hoverland or Siesta Holidays. Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently what did you think? and has anyone used any of the travel companies were they any good? Many thanks for any info or comments you may have. : :D
Could this be the hotel your looking for here
You will get a far more value for money holday if you book withFerris coach holidays. I visited the Royal Beach last week it looks a very lively hotel.
connie,
i agree with pancho that you will probably get a better deal with Ferris as long as you pay the £15 extra for their platinum coach.
i've looked at both hoverland and siesta in the past and they do seem much more expensive.
http://www.ferriscoachholidays.co.uk/
hotel is very good in my opinion, see links in my post above for more info on lloret and check the hotel reviews.
:D Thanks everyone for your advise have just recieved Ferris brochure although i only have 2006 brochures i can compare prices,2007 are due out next couple of weeks, any other views/opinions or advise welcome. Thanks jimd-f and Pancho.
Any tips for the journey also grateful,

Connie 8)
Hi,

Looking at this hotel for this summer, Ive read all the reviews but could someone tell me how good the kids club is at this hotel and what there is for kids to do in the surrounding area. My two will be 9 and 7 in summer and have been spoiled by the kids club at our last hotel so much so they dont want to go anywhere else.

Any other information about the surrounding area and the walk into Lloret will also be greatly recieved.

Thanks,
Rob
Hi my friend and myself went to this hotel for a break we got 3 nites for £90 all inclusive so we though we would give it a go. Well as they say never say never but it would have to be a cheapo again as we thought,it was awful. Rooms were spotless but the food and drinks were disgusting.Hotel was full of fag runners whose language and personal hygiene left a lot to be desired. We found a lovely chinese round the corner where the staff were lovely giving us free shots to drink also found a great wee spanish pub called EL CID on the main road where a grouse and sobrano with 2 bottles of sprite was 6euros half the price of robin hoods (we had another name for it )So all in all hotel was ok as a base but not to spend all your time in
If anyone has stayed at this hotel and not yet written their review, please do so by Clicking Here

Many thanks :wave
We (myself, partner and 9 year old daughter) are booked to go here 28th July for 2 weeks - I have read all the reports and thought I'd chance my luck as long as the rooms are clean that will do for me. Anyone else going to this hotel at that time we will see you there.
i have been to h-top holidays several times and they have a very good animation team that serves to keep the children occupied,believe me they have activities for children throughout the day in the summer and they do seem to me to be pretty good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.