Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
did i say i was forced to do anything? I gave a general opinion that this hotel has dropped in standards across several key areas of which i mentioned two....it was a comment...i was not expecting to be drawn into a debate about my rights of expressing critism...you have the right to express an opinion of this hotel and so do i...its hard to understand why you choose to go on the offensive for my own opinion...

i bet your great fun at parties huh?
going down hill though IMHO..the food this summer was pretty awful....

Well, I can`t comment on the food, because we stayed in the apartments.
I personally, found nothing wrong with the hotel, and we used the hotel amenities everyday.
I`d go back to the apartments without any hesitation, and I won`t put up with bad standards.

Excuse me, but where have I asked you in my post above to engage in a debate.?

I placed that video clip on this forum for the benefit of the members, not for you to have the oportunity to insult me.
i bet your great fun at parties huh?

That just about sums your mentality up for me.
Adios.

besos xxx
sanJi
yes you did place that clip for everyone...i appluad that..you enjoyed your stay and wnated to share with others..thats the point of the forum...i wanted to add my own perspective....it all when down hill from there....

adios!
well i have always enjoyed and people like myself have returned for years,yes we know most of shows and have been in most ourselves,they just try to get people to enjoy,great if you have kids,but many have complained about food this year,to much of the same thing every night,so next year they will sort it ,well they normally take on board what people request,thats if they put their veiws forward,if they are told of faults they can fix them,but like everything else ,it is not every ones cup of tea.
Hope you have exchanged xmas cards :rofl :rofl

Robby :wink:
Look......

I am also someone who has returned to this hotel year after year.....

this year i went twice....the management has changed this year and it shows...

In June it was going downhill compared to other years but i still enjoyed the holiday..

by end of August i was shocked at the decline....not only was the food repeated every single night but it was of awful quality...this year they had just one professional act per week....another cost saving measure that was at the expense of customer satisfaction...i also thought the entertainment team were of the lowest standard i have expereinced in terms of the quality of the shows,,,

i had other gripes....

of course this is just MY PERSONAL OPINION.....your expereince may be totally different!..but please....dont say people return year after year...i am one of those that did this year...i am comparing year on year differences...

disclaimer>>>

no offence to anyone...just my personal opinion
my hubby agrees with you totally
I have just noticed that on the Sol hotels website the above hotel will be closed from 29/10/06 till 07/01/07. No reason has been given for the closure. See here
I have just noticed that on the Sol hotels website the above hotel will be closed from 29/10/06 till 07/01/07. No reason has been given for the closure. See here

Hiya Allmen
As far as I know the hotel Sol Principe closes every year....until around January, after all the festivities.

When I was there at the end of September/ beginning of October last year, the hotel was closing at the end of October...that's def.!

I can only assume that it is more cost effective to close down for a few months, get any decorating/repairs done and not be paying staff, heating, electricity, etc.etc and provide Gala meals at Xmas/New Year.....especially if the hotel is only half full!

SanJi x
Any one been to this hotel recently? We are booked in there on 11th Jan for 8 nts. after having 7 nts in the Fuengirola Beach. The earlier reports on this site are pretty negative...
Mick
We are there from the 14th, although recent reports on other forums have given it the thumbs up. reported to be very good on the catering front :D
Oh well fingers crossed eh....
Have you read the reports here most of which are in the positive.
Just returned from this hotel and we cannot fault it. Meals are A1 with a good variety at breakfast and dinner. Rooms very comfortable. Looking to revisit this hotel. Staff very friendly, when we checked out they had a cab for us immediately. Here`s a tip. Just down the road from the Sol Principe is a roundabout with a statue of two girls by Pablo Picasso. If you look over in the corner you will find a car hire office that is giving 1.50 to the pound. One block of the hotel is being refurbished but the noise is minimal.
I have to say that this is one of the best holidays that we have spent on the Costa del Sol.
Agree with all you said Mick, as we were there at the same time apart from the extremely noisy, shell suit wearing (I kid thee not) geriatric Italians.The place was full of them.We had to move rooms due to excessive noise from them..Oh deep joy :roll: :roll:
But hotel and staff were excellent :D
Yep, we spotted the shell suiters but we were nowhere near them ( 6th floor sea front). One thing was with a little old hunchback lady who nailed me three times to help her to her room. Not a problem really......
well do what we do ,they love their game of boules,and they hate to see me and other half comming as we neally always beat them,they hate us,go down and play with them ,they don,t own the boules even tho they think they do,staff even like to see us wind them up,now we just call in to visit them as we have our own place,but still like to visit the entertainment staff,some we have know for 12-14yrs
anyone tell me if Susanah is still the resident singer at the sol principe..if so do they still have her singing indoors like year or outside by the adult pool like it was before?
i don`t stay in the hotel anymore,but i visit the place at least three times a year,and join in the games stc.I stayed there every year for 11-12 years and sometimes twice,it was our special place,we even went for our 25th anaversary.Yes things have changed,but i can tell you the staff work really hard to please the clients,even outside working hours.
the showsare reapeted but the staff change every year with the exeption of a small few,so they can show the new members the rotine without spending all their time learning all new shows,and have time to entertain others who want other things out of the holiday.The food can be a bit reapeted,but is always of good quality.I only stopped going as we have a place of our own,but as i have said i visit them still,and buy a meal in the Bronto burger bar,was there last week,10 out of 10 i give the staff,the place isn`t as it was 15 years ago ,but things have changed everywhere,
you have to make your own fun too and join in the entertainment,my god the things we have done over the years,makes my toes curl,and the friends we have met year after year,some don`t speak the same language but we get by.,all fun.live life to the full.
As far as suzanne is ,i.m not sure sorry.but have a great time.
Hey

Can anyone advise if the above apt would be any use to myselt and two teenage girls agd 15.

Have never been in Torremolinos and also what is the weather like in October 07.

Cheers

Carol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.