Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I have booked this hotel and looking forward to it in October. Hopefully the food is good and the sun will shine.

Any good tips for places to go and eat etc.

Cheers

Carol
plenty of places around there.there is a good indian golden palace near the town,plus jump on the bus to nearby towns for just over a euro.benal,and fuengarola.go into the town and get the bus,or catch it by the cafe at the opposite end of the sol supermarket,just outside the main gates.the staff in the complex will tell you were to go if you cannot find it,especially Tony.he is a gem.don`t pay for taxi`s experiment with the buses.we are calling in the hotel in oct to see the staff ourselves
Hi

Thanks rebel for information. Do you know if the hotel is for older people or are there younger ones - just thinking of the two 15 year old teenagers.

Cheers

CArol
Hi Carol

We have just returned from the Apartments and had a great time. Although my kids are 10 & 7 and think that the entertainment (which was first class) is aimed more to that age group. There were quite a few teenagers but they seemed to be wandering around looking for things to do.

If you need anything specific answering - fire away.
Hi

Thanks, this was my fear there wouldn't be too much for them to do. hopefully the weather will be ok and will be at the beach.

Any good pubs entertainment wise or any other places you can suggest.

Any info will be appreciated.

Carol
you will see a lot of pubs etc just outside the hotel,via the supermarket doors,and main entrance.My son spent his 18th birthday in this hotel,the last week of sept,he went to their disco down stairs,then he went off with the staff afterwards,they took care of him.during the day as the teenagers club is finished they can join in the adults games,you too will have fun,join in,you will find it a good laugh,also the boules,don`t think only pro`s play,honestly,you will find it fun,normally the girls win lol
Thanks rebel for this. feel a bit better now and looking forward to it.

carolb
Off to Torremolinos a week on Monday - what is the weather like at the moment.

Carolb
Just arrived back from Benalmadena late Fri night (5th.) Weather has been good a bit of a wind getting up over the last couple of days. We had 2 days when it rained. The first time was light rain which fizzled out half way through the day but the second was like a monsoon! Absolutely chucked it down - luckily most of the heavy rain was through the night and it definitley cleared the air. It was red hot on the day we left - have a great holiday - any room in your suitcase for me :lol:
Hi Mick thanks for the heads up on the works that are ongoing at the Sol Principe. Do you have any idea as to how long they going to be before completion?
Allmen, it is going to be a long time before the work is finished I fear. Bloque3 was well under way when we were last here two years ago and is just being finished off now. I willl ask at reception tomorrow and see if I can get a date for completion,and post it.
Thanks Mick for going to the trouble and keeping us up to date on the progress.
I spoke to the manager today, allmen, and he says that the cladding of Bloque B will be finished in about 10 days so that there will be little disruption from then on. The next refurbish. of the Bloque we are now in commences in November. The pool and the grounds of the Sol Principito are all torn out but this creates no problem for the main hotel. Hope this info helps....
Could the member who posted pictures in the upload album if you have any others perhaps these could be uploaded as well. I had to delete one of the ones that you had uploaded as it was out of focus and a bit blurry, and before anyone says it's my eyes I double checked it with a reliable source.
Yep it was blurred alright, I`ll see if there are any more. mick66
OK MiCk and thanks for taking the time and effort to give us the pictures. I take it that the work is at the smaller of the two open air pools round at the beach side of the hotel as well as the blocks that are being refurbished.
The work at the beach end pool is finished by now. Only interior work to be done on Bloque B ( the one I have shown) the two pools at Principito are being replaced by one massive one.
Last year i found some of the sol hotels were having one night a week where the team dance on podiums or they hire podium dancers. Anyone know if the sol principe does this as well?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.