Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
the hotel now has been themed, Flintstones style (summer only). This is basically an enhanced entertainment program with the odd visit from Fred & Dino.
The themed area, is around the Principto pool and outside stage. The Principe pool is quieter, and remains flintstone free!

If you need more info, i'm around Sol Principe until sunday.

Robin
Hi wobinb thanks for the info just one more bit of information do you happen to have a contact address for the hotel. I'm going with a group of people and would like to keep us together on the one floor. An e-mail address or phone nnumber would be appreciated as I cannot find any mention of it on the net. You could PM the info to me to save psoting on here.
Hi Allmen

I still had the Sol website on my favourites from last year (Sol Don Pablo)
Had a quick look at the info on the Principe and found the email address -
sol.principe.principito@solmelia.com. The phone number and fax number is on that web page too.
All the info can be found on http://www.solmelia.com , then Sol Principe page, then click on location and transport.

Hope this helps

Chelle
Thanks to all for replies.
anyone kow the name of the singer at the hotel principe who does monday, tuesday and friday? she has blonde hair and ties her hair up at the back. Lovely voice and i was wondering if she ever made a cd.
maybe if someone is there or about to stay..they could ask?

:wink:
Is this the hotel Sol Principe in torremolinos by any chance. If it is I'm going there in a couple of weeks time and I'll ask for you. Should I listen out for any specific name as they may have changed the singer in between times.
yes, thats the one, its a Sol hotel, a wonderful hotel actually and youll have a great time.

Its the Spanish singer that always has hair tied up in a ball at the back. She sings by the rear pool next to the dinning room. She is on monday, tuesday and friday. Other days they have other singers but she was by far the best.
OK luv2tan I'm arriving on a Sunday so it will be Monday night before I manage to track down this elusive female. If I remember the next day I shall nip into a internet cafe and let you know who the lady is. :)
much obliged......

8)
Hi
I have put a short video of the hotel Sol Principe in the photo gallery

This can be found in the Costa del Sol album, in the Torremolinos section.

Enjoy.

Besos xxx
sanJi
This is being played back on window media player.
I would recommend sitting well back from the computer, otherwise the quality is naff. :oops:

besos xxx
sanJi
Wonderful hotel, brings back good memories.
had 11 or 12 hols there ,still visited it this year,exellent place for family holiday
going down hill though IMHO..the food this summer was pretty awful....
Well, I can`t comment on the food, because we stayed in the apartments.
I personally, found nothing wrong with the hotel, and we used the hotel amenities everyday. :D

I`d go back to the apartments without any hesitation, and I won`t put up with bad standards. :wink:

besos xxx
SanJi
and can you watch the same mimed shows year after year?
and can you watch the same mimed shows year after year?

Ahhhh.! I`m sorry, but I wouldn`t critise a hotel for the standard of entertainment. :roll: ...I may mention it, but the overall standards would be more IMPORTANT to me.
It is normally cheap, animation put on by "kids" pretending to be John Travolta or Mary Poppins.!....and this kind of entertainment is not inclusive of the Sol Principe....it happens everywhere abroad.
Even the artists that they "bring in" are low budget entertainers. :wink:

I know exactly what the entertainment will be like abroad, although there are exceptions to the rule, but these are rare :roll: ......so after having a nice day, I use my two legs and go somewhere different at night. :D :wink:
besos xxx
SanJi
wouldnt critise but may mention it....im not sure thats golden rule written anywhere just your own preference which you mention as though it was the right thing to do.

anyhow, how does one mention something without it being open to critism as a critism by yourself? I mentioned an observation of which you added your own slant. Now im not siure how mucb youve travelled or how many hotels youve stayd in but repetitive entertainment of a low standard is something i have found is the hallmark of Sol Hotels and not other chains. There are many spanish hotels with good qualiy varied entertainmment. Now its one thing repeating the same shows during a season but year after year is something else.

I mentioned the entertainment as another factor in why i believe this hotel is going downhill, not a sole reason. I found the service to be less than in previuos years too. When i first stayed here i loved this place but this year was a big shock at the decline in standards and the food was appaling. Why this is not worth critising if i want to is beyond me. Is this not something youd like to be aware of when choosing a hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.