Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Thank you for the help Harry Boat, iv checked my booking and it says twin room with cotspace so hopefully this will be one of the bigger rooms, have you any other advice about where in the hotel is the best place to request a room for example with a pool view etc... this is our first time going to salou so would be gratefull of any tips
beermat,

I can't find the e-mail address, but you can contact the hotel via the website http://www.hotelvil-laromana.com/

I've seen it suggested on here that it's best to e-mail the hotel a couple of weeks before you go.

HB
simms4,

Half the rooms have a pool view, the other half don't. The evening entertainment takes place in the pool area, so you'll hear it if you have a pool view. This didn't bother us as we didn't go up to our room until it had finished (usually between 11pm and midnight). If you don't fancy the pool view, the rooms on the other side are generally quieter but in building 1 you might hear the entertainment from the neighbouring hotel Salauris Palace as these rooms all overlook that hotel. Our first room overlooked their kitchen bin area. Nice! One plus was that from that room we could see the fireworks at PortAventura every night. Most of the rooms without a pool view in building 2 look out towards PortAventura or the Hotel Sol Costa Dorada, but you won't get any noise from them.

Our preference was for a pool view on a high floor (4) in building 2, partly because the stage where they did the (mainly Dutch) karaoke was right under the balconies of the rooms in building 1.

Hope this helps

HB
we're going in september now. changed it cos it's cheaper and the waterpark is open when we go
:wave: hi hb iv'e mentioned to the travel agent and they said nearer the time they would email the hotel for me and ask if we could have the big room you spoke of.do you know what the dress code is for men(trouser length) in the restuarant?also do they allow floats in the pool? all info would much appreciated. :tup
We stayed at the Vil.la Romana 2 years ago in may, was a great hotel decent food, decent rooms. From what i can remember they were not to strict on the dress code, im sure i wore shorts some nights...
Hi beermat,

The official dress code is tailored shorts and sleeved shirts (i.e. not vests). Basically, they don't want swimming trunks or football kits. A lot of the Spanish guests even wear long trousers and long sleeved shirts, but us Brits are welcome with shorts and a polo shirt!

I've checked our photos (coz my memory's shot!) and there are some dinghies/crocodiles/dolphins etc in the pool, so floats were ok in 2007.

Hope this helps

HB
:D thanks hb can you tell me if they have mini fridges in the rooms?not bothered about kettles cos i'll be stocked up with beer and wine :cheers
Hi beermat,

Yes there's a mini-fridge - very useful when stocking up from the supermarket round the corner!
No kettle, though.

HB
Yer from what i can remember the fridge wasn't a bad size and came in very handy!
I stayed at the Vil.la Romana a couple of years ago and was very impressed with the hotel, staff and meals.
:wave: i stayed at the hotel next door,salauris, and they didn't let you use floats and brought in big floats for everyone to use,crocodile,shute etc. on a certain day,it's not for me i'm thinking, for the kids it's great, i just like a leisurely swim round the pool.i'm writing all info down(which hotel room to reserve,etc.cos i keep finding out new things all the time. been going to salou for 6 years and just found out there is a shopping centre just up the road from us with bowling alley,cinema,sports shop etc. something new to explore, that's what i tell hubby(my excuse to look for bargains)tehe ;)
beermat you just discovered it because it's new :)
:wave: hi how new? has it just opened? and when?
Maybe 6 months even less... so quite new... :D
Hello!
My DH and I are taking our ds, who will be 26mths, in 3 weeks.

Can anyone remember approximately what time the restaurant and pool bar opening hours are? Last time we went abroad the hotel restaurant didn't open until 6.30pm and ds wouldn't eat anything as it was too late for him!

Thanks in advance! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.