Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
How about one of the Beaches resorts in Jamaica? There's also the Wyndham Rose also in Jamaica.
have you had a look at the holiday village in the dr.
first choice has a mini video on their web site.
lots of things to do, wave pool with slides.
hope this helps
If you want the ultimate in water slides then take a look at the Atlantis resort outside Nassau in the Bahamas. You don't say what your budget is for this holiday,but if it's pretty generous you might like this place. There is a lazy river,all the water slides you could ask for,Predator Lagoon,Aquarium where you can walk between the glass walls and see sharks swimming around you. Lots of stuff to appeal to the kids.
try the laguna mar in Margarita that looks good,has 8pools
If you were interested in the Atlantis, you can book the Comfort Suites which are opposite the Atlantis with Virgin. You can use all the facilities of the Atlantis including the water park.
Laguna Mar reviews HERE. If anyone would like to post a review for the Atlantis Paradise Island, please do so HERE. I've requested the Comfort Suites be added to the reviews section.

Pippy :D
Hi

Have you narrowed your choice down yet?

I am looking for a good hotel with waterslides for this Easter.

We have been to the Laguna Mar and we really enjoyed it although when we went there were only a few people in the hotel so we pretty much had the waterslide pool to ourselves. They were good but not scarry or anything so may be a bit tame for your sons.

As we can't find many hotels in the Caribbean that have waterslides we have been going to Egypt the last two years, staying at the Titanic in Hurghada and the Grand Azure in Sharm. The waterslides at the Titanic were fab. We don't have a big budget and so Egypt generaly works out cheaper than Turkey for a family of 4.

We too have been looking at the Holiday Village in DR, but there have been some negative comments recently so am just gonna keep watching the reviews for the time being.

Cheers

Nicky
Google- Atlantis water slides- they have the 5 story Mayan tunnel- a 60ft vertical drop which ends in a clear plastic tube in the shark lagoon. all the waterslides and activities kids love.
Virgin are offering a fantasic price on flight only to Bahamas for Easter 2nd April for 2 weeks.

We would love to go but can't afford the Atlantis or even the cheaper alternative, which is a real shame.
Even with bargain flights the Atlantis is VERY expensive.
It's on my list of things to do before I pop my clogs........
Just a quick one, to say thanks for all the replies- had problems logging on, but it's all sorted now!
I've looked at both the holiday village in the DR(quite poor reviews) and Atlantis (fab but pricey) and haven't really come to any decisions. The kids now say that they aren't worried about a water park on site, so long as there is a good one to visit, :D so that opens up the options somewhat.

Pam
Hi pam :)

When have youbooked for ?
We go March 31st next year.

They have a waterpark not far from the airport in The Dominican.
Heres the link to there site -
http://www.aguasosua.com/
Hi Alex

Haven't booked anywhere yet as far as the aquapark thing goes. We are off to Bulgaria both in August for the sun and next February for skiing. I do quite fancy a week in Turkey at October half term, but since I know flights go out on the saturday and Sunday I think we will wait and perhaps get a late booking. There seem to be a few options in Turkey as far as hotels with waterslides go.

We are also tempted to go back to Mexico which we loved, not so many complexes with the slides though and expensive. Are you going to the holiday village in the DR? The facilities for kids look great and it is very reasonably priced, so I shall carry on looking at the reviews.

Pam :pele
Take a look at Wet 'n Wild in Orlando also.
Hi Pam,
How strange you looking at carribean(we're at Albena beach club this year as well!!)
We've been looking at the Sun Village Resort and Spa in the Dom Republic for July next year,its right next to Ocean world where you can swim with the dolphins you can check out website on http://www.ocean-world.info (is it ok to give this website out :?: :? )
Its with First Choice again but not bad price £2440 for 3 of us.Noticed child prices are 2-12 yrs
Regards
Tracy
Hi Tracy
Yep- looking forward to Albena now, I know the reviews are mixed, but a holiday is what you make it. Have decided on Turkey for next August- we've gone for the Larespark, which has waterslides for the kids, only about 4 I think but one they go down on rubber rings!! Also has a cinema and bowling alley etc, but doesn't look as OTT as some of the hotels. Looks to be a good area for excursions as well which is what appealed with the caribbean.
You must do the dolphin swim- ocean world looks amazing!! We did the Dolphins in Mexico- not to be missed!
When are you in Albena and where do you fly from? We are 2nd August from Birmingham- might see you there!!

Pam :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.