Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Whilst waiting for some replies why not check out our review section HERE

Kath HT Admin
We stayed at the Ficus in June 2004. We had a fantastic time and would certainly consider going back 8)
The apartments were clean and comfortable, the food was OK although a bit repetative, but you'll get that with most 3-Star All-Inclusives. The entertainment reps were great and did games around the pool during the day and bingo and shows in the evening. There's no kids club and a few people with younger kids complained because most of the entertainment and activities were more suitable for over-10s and adults, but that was fine for us - my kids were 11 and 14 at the time and they still talk about the Ficus now.
If you need to know any more, please ask! :D
hi there i have been to the ficus apartments in 2002
me and my husband went there with no kids
in my opinion food is poor they have differant meals on different night but seem to repeat them in the seccond week there is a not bad selection but basic cheap food nothing fancy in the seccond week we did eat out alot and in a morning all i was having was a bread roll
entertainment staff was good but im sure they have now changed
the entertainment is more for familys with kids than a young couple
the rooms are clean and the housekeeping was good but while we was there a few people did get broke into. the pool area is clean but not enough beds and the pool is very cold
the selection of drinks is good, the apartments them selves are about a 10 min walk from the center and the beach, we didnt think there was that much to do apart from been at the pool and drink.
you would be better looking at somewhere else, i would not go again to the hotel or lanzarote too barron and quiet have a look at this site has loads of reviews

http://www.holidays-uncovered.org/holiday_reviews/lanzarote_costa_teguise_f.htm

hope this helps
Can anybody tell me if these apartments have hairdryers in all apartments and also how much to hire a safe for a week. We are going next week for a week.
There were no hairdryers when we went a couple of years ago.
There's some reviews here: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/
We stayed at this appartments a few years ago.

The appartments were very clean and spacious, but the food was terrible it was so bad that got a stomach bug when I was there. As previous posts have mentioned there are no kids clubs at this hotel and is geared more at families.

Oh yes you won't get much of a nice view from any of the rooms as it seems to be located at the end of a dark road next to what can only be described as a rubbish tip.

I wouldnt personally reccomend this hotel as there as so many better ones in Costa Teguise, but this is only my opinion.
hi all im new to the forum can anyone help me i am going to costa teguise on the 20th of march for 2 weeks with my wife and son who is 12yrs old we are staying at the ficus read lots of reviews some good some not so good as anyone recently come back from the ficus recently and what was it like i no i have not paid a fortune for this holiday but it would be nice for any feed back ps to everyone on the forum A happy new year regards edgeofthesea
Hi and welcome to HT! :wave:

In case you haven't seen them, we have reviews HERE including one from last month. If anyone recently returned would like to add their review please do so via that link.

Thanks.

Pippy :)
Just booked my holiday for lanzarote from the 3rd - 10th of april and really looking forward to goin.
Were at the Ficus Aparthotel/apartments in costa teguise, and just wanted to know all the general info about the apartments and resort :)
just booked to go here 3rd of sept 09 for 2 weeks 2 adults £1100 good flight from local airport any info appreciated thanks
Is it Costa Teguise or PDC that your going to as we have 2 of the same listed in our reviews. Click Here to read them. :tup
The Ficus is in Costa Teguise - we went 4 years ago - it was good when we went and I would consider going again :smile:
never stayed there as unless it's 4-5 star we stay clear of all inclusive! but have met people while in costa teguise who were there and they seemed happy,fairly basic all inclusive clean rooms not much in the way of entertainment and they got a bit bored with the food but hey,nobody says you have to stay in ! the main centre is only about 15mins walk away and ther are lots of nice bars and restaurants there.and a bar called legends is just at the end of the street with live acts on every night.
HI there, im staying here next week will write a review when i return.
Just one question though, does anyone know if you need to pay a deposit on check in? never been here before but know its common in some countrys for a deposit for security etc
If i do have to pay one would know roughly how much i would need to pay.
Thanks for looking at my question :D
Hi jessop

Very much doubt it, never done this in Lanzarote. Have a great time.
jessop wrote:
does anyone know if you need to pay a deposit on check in?
We didn't have to pay anything like that when we went there, apart from paying to use the safe in the room.
thanks have returned and no i didnt thanks for your replys :wave:
cany anyone tell me where i can fine an email address for this hotel. Thanks Diane.
hi all.

this may be a little late as ive only just found this forum! we stayed at the ficus apartments april 2009. We found the apartments very clean and although basically furnished were fine for our needs.

The food was again not fancy but we always found something to eat. The only thing we were a little dissapointed at with the food was there wasnt any "Canarian food" ie canarian potatoes mojo sauce. It is nice to eat local foods when in a different country. Food was hot and well presented. We found a loverly tapas bar where we had our "fix" of canarian food!!! it was divine.

It is a family apartment block although we would go back if the price was good. We travelled without children this time and would have no problem returning.

red sunset
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.