Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hotels Map???
17 Posts
EDIT:

Link working, thanks :)
Not up-to-date still, had seen that map through searching on here. Most maps seem to have been done around 2000/2001 ish...
Found this prices in US dollars but you can have an idea where the hotels are - not loads but maybe the one you are looking for.

http://www.hoteltravel.com/search/search.aspx

Click onto the hotel and underneath is a small map where the hotel is located.
LASSI
thats a really good site, very informative. :thanks :thanks BOB
Hi Salford, next year will be our 3rd stay at the Sunset and have always booked with them direct when in Goa.
I have an e-mail address if you would like it. They do respond (out of season slower than normal) and are very keen to meet your needs, ie particular rooms etc..
I will pass on details of the price we paid with them via PM method and you can compare with what they quote you, I also have flights booked at a good price if you want details of them also, then you can add it all up and see what difference it makes to brochure prices.
Let me know and I will get my paper work out and looked over.
Spike.
Cheers for the offer Spike, I'd appreciate it if you could send me the details of the rate you were charged, and any flight details you have. I've already sent them an email to the 2 addresses shown on their site, but if you could pass on the one that you've used please just in case it's different to what I've used. I emailed them yesterday, so hopefully they'll get back to me by the weekend.

My missus doesn't fancy going there due to it not being booked via a tour operator, "it's not like going to Blackpool you know, where you can just find somewhere else" is what she said ha ha :D
So from an insurance point of view, it'd be better for me if I could get a local travel agent to book it with them, at the same rate of course ;)
Don't happen to have any photos of do you as well Spike? And a bit of a review?

Location wise it's spot on for me, as we stayed in the Whispering Palms last time. So it'd be great location to meet our taxi driver and go to our usual shack etc :D I can't wait to book it already.
Hi Salford

We have stayed at the Sunset Beach 5 times and would recommend it, I put a review in the hotel section the last time we stayed so have a look on there. I was looking on their website last night and both the hotel and the guesthouse that they own are closed until September for refurbishment, so maybe that's why you haven't had a reply to your e-mail, they are usually pretty good at answering but the bad weather may have something to do with it as well, the power may be down.

Debs
salford. thanks for that!! got loads to look through now.
BOB :cheers :cheers
Debs, I know they'll get back to me and am in no rush to be honest, unlike the missus who just wants to book a holiday NOW :)
Whats the difference then between the hotel and the guesthouse? Have you stayed in both?
Yes done both, we have stayed in the guesthouse (Pretty Petals) for the last 2 years, it cost us 1300 rupees per night for the penthouse room that included fridge, tv and air con we even had a ceiling fan on our balcony. They don't do breakfast but you can ask them for tea/coffee, we like to breakfast on the beach, or walk on to the Mango Grove. The only other difference is the guesthouse doesn't have a pool, but you can use the pool at the Sunset Beach. Would not hesitate to stay in either again both very comfortable accommodation and both in good locations.

Debs
Salford - I will PM you later today.
Got my mate Ganesh (lives next door) to nip round and prompt Mable to check her e-mails for someone else off here who was wanting a reply, but as debs says it could be September before they get back to you.
Photos ! I take shots of everywhere, but have never taken any of the Sunset ! got a slap from 'er indoors for forgetting.. The ones on the website are accurate, and it is clean and well looked after with v good staff.
Don't know how up to date they are, but there are links to maps HERE

luci :wave
Cheers Deb and Spike :)
Luci, check out post nr 6 :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.