Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
hotels
5 Posts
Stayed at Rockys Resort in lamai, Koh Samui last August. Would highly recommend it. It is only a small resort, but has everything you could want as well as the 'personal touch'. Ask any questions you want and I will try to answer.
Hi Debs 81 here are your questions hope you can help!
Do you have any pictures or video clips etc been on the website and had a tour looks lovely.
We have the luxury thai villa booked looks amazing cant wait!
What was the average price of food and drinks at the resort?
Did you use the shuttle bus from the reception to lamai?
Where the pools quite spacious and were there plenty of sun loungers?
Are the pools seperate i,e main pool and childrens pool?
Does the bar stay open late?
Thanks very much was unsure how to private message you
Hi Blimpy
I have some photos, but to be honest the webite is one of the most true-to-life I have seen. Before we went I thought the website would be like so many others and exaggerate the hotel in some way. Rocky's has been refurbished in the last few years. Sign up to their newsletter on their website. The testimonials are true, not made up.
We stayed in the Family oceanview which was fabulous. It was like two large room joined by an adjoining door. The ocean was just visable, but building had blocked some of it and at the time we felt it should be called gardenview. They are now called gardenviews. The rooms themselves were large spacious, with bar. Very clean.
There are two pools - one is overlooking the ocean and near the bar. The deluxe Thai villas overlook the second. Enough sunbeds???? Unlike other hotels sometimes it was hard to find any PEOPLE around the pool!! This might sound amazing but its true. The resort is quite small and there are sunbeds around both pools and on the beach. We has two teenagers and tended to spend the time around the top pool by the deluxe villas. Towels were provided for pool use and you could change whenever. The small pools are attached to the large pools, but are divided.

Food was fabulous, although a bit pricey compared to outside restaurants. At lunchtime, for 300 bahts you could get a pizza or sandwich. Drinks were extra. (you can download the menu from their website).
Just down the road there is a shack on the corner. We got 2 club sandwiches, I portion chips, 1 tomato salad, 1 egg sandwich, 1 beer and 3 soft drinks for 300 baht including a tip. The service was excellent and after the first day they knew how I liked my club sandwich (without the egg). It was a great place to watch the world go by and see how much someone could carry on a motorcycle.
To be honest we ate out every night except one. We either went to Lamai or Chaweng.

The shuttlebus is a new thing to the resort. We got Songthaews everywhere - cheap and frequent.
We did book the hotel minibus for airport transfers. However the reception staff are very friendly and know which room you are in from the time you arrive. We asked for recommendations for trips. I would highly recommend Mr Ungs safari (he has his own website) although if you are asking about kids pools you may have young kids and not sure this would be suitable for them.

As for a massage, again they are expensive at the resort. We had 2 complimentary ones which my teenagers had. I was thinking about having one but decided to wait. We went to chaweng and had a leg massage (1 hour), 3 manicures, 3 pedicures and foot skin peel (between three of us) and it cost 1200 Baht I think. At Rockys it cost 500 baht just for one manicure I think.

I would definately reccommend this hotel/resort and we would definately go back. I hope this answers your questions. When are you going?? Any other questions - please ask.
We are goin to Mexico this year after having 2 fab hols in Thailand.
Debs81
Blimpy, just read on another thread you are getting married at Rocky's. Hope I got this right. Well you couldn't have chosen better. There were 4 wedding whilst we were there. All very different and all met the happy couples special requests. Luke organised everything for them. In the last newsletter at a recent wedding, the groom and his best man arrived on the water in jet skis, and afterwards the couple went off on an elephant. Very original. Rockys has become the no 1 resort for weddings in Koh Samui and I can honestly see why.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.