Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Tinpail,

I've been back a week and I would personally say it seemed quieter for the middle of July compared to past years.

Don't get me wrong still lots of people around but nothing like I've seen it before, I realise it was just before the start of the school holidays but even so despite other people on other websites claiming the "square" being rammed at midnight......I never saw that once in 2 weeks :?

Both restaurants still open and busy, especially Los Bandidos, it was packed every night, we waited ages one night for a table and booked for the following week so we didn't have such a wait :wink:

I hope this isn't an indicator for next year when the Euro is introduced and as so many suspect the prices rise even more on it's introduction for food and drinks etc. due to rounding up. I have spoken to many Cyprus fans who have all said they're worried they just wont be able to afford Cyprus again in the future. If tourists are down this year then who knows what will happen 2008 and beyond.
yeah it's quite quiet now... i prefer protaras though... much more quiet! :)
Be careful the cost of a holiday to Cyprus can open a can of worms on here.
Think you will find most destinations are quieter this year as regards British visitors, probably as a result of rising UK amenity bills and less money for everage Brits to play around with.
However saying that have just come back from a last minute week long jaunt to Ibiza (going again in september) and the island was absolutely crammed!
Spoke to several people who arrived on the island with no rooms booked and found themselves unable to find anything at all and ended up sleeping six or seven to a room....
Our son just came back from a week in Tenerife and said he had never seen it so quiet.
everyone must be staying at home in england basking in the glorious summer we are having :lol:

I went to napa in june and it seemed busy enough, obviously not as busy as a few years ago but still busy enough, it's not like it's a ghost town
Im just back from Napa and I thought it was the busiest July since 1998 and we go every year - the same 2 weeks

It was definitely busier this year and we had to book most restaurants the night previous as they were packed out.

All the locals were saying that this year is busier than the last few, taxis drivers and the lot
So what's Mama Mia and Los Bandidos like then?
Going in a couple of weeks time and need some recommendations for nice restaurants in Ayia Napa!
Thanks. :lol:
Mama Mia does the most beautiful pizzas. Really herby base and lots of topping.

Los Banditos does a mean mexican. Try the salad & mince starter served in a fried totilla. It maybe does not sound very appetising but is absolutely gorgeous, The starters are very big though so may be an idea to share. It is also a good idea to book as it is packed out every night. We were there in November last year and still had to book. It normally closes at the end of October and boy were we pleased to see it was still open!!
Can you tell me whereabouts exactly they are. It's about 10 years from we've been!
:lol:
Hi

sorry my directions are terrible!! Los Banditos is near the square so I think the best thing to do is get to the square then ask diretions. Mama Mia is up the hill from the Square.

Can anyone else give better directions?!!!

Gail
Thanks Gail - I'm sure we'll be able to find them.
:lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.