Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
They probably fill tubs up like we used to do in olden times. She could probably find somewhere that sells baby baths when she gets to turkey and could fill it up in the shower tray (usually there is a tap which you can then direct the water to the shower by pushing down a button) and wash like in a bath. Now, I don't honestly know where to get a baby bath from in Turkey but I'm sure someone could help!

Other than that, the good old sink! I know I sometimes got plonked in the sink for a wash when I was a young kid!
Try the shower, my babies loved it.
when my youngest was a baby and we went to marmaris we only had a shower, so we got a lemon cut in half put it in the plug hole and filled shower tray with water...hey presto, a mini bath!

most turkish people are muslims therefore tend to wash in free flowing water...hence no baths.

hope this helps :wink:
But put them on the floor of the shower. Do not risk dropping a soapy baby.
i used to use a bowl or sink as my daughter when she was a baby hated showers, we also had a tiny inflatable boat that i used to use as a paddle pool, that could have been used as a baby bath too
My Grandson just loves sitting in the shower cubicle, flannel or something over the drainage hole. You can normally push the button so the water comes out of the tap instead of the shower spray.
Good Luck, I am sure they will be happy wherever they are washed.
Mary.
:P
Sitting them in the shower tray is a great idea.
If you are in an older-type hotel or apartment, and have no shower tray, you can easily buy a big tub/basin at any of the supermarkets in Turkey. Plastics are very cheap there.
We lived one summer in a converted house in Turkey which had no shower tray - the whole bathroom floor got flooded when you took a shower. We bought a big basin at the Gima supermarket, and my daughter happily bathed in that. In fact it was big enough to get all her bath toys in too!

Elaine
  • Edited by Elaine 2006-08-01 14:26:50
:D You can buy a big bowl very cheap in the supermarkets

Or stick them in the sink :D

They will love it :D
I prefer to use the sink, its a bit of carry on in the shower especially trying to keep the water out of babies mouth.

loulou
i was thinking this aswel my mum lives over there and has no bath so i was thinking of buying one of them tiny round paddling pools from pound shop and using that and just leaving it there can also use to cool baby down in the hot turkish sun jojoxx
be very careful when using a shower on babies ,as in some hotels the water force is vey strong and you have to watch in case the temp suddenly changes,
Why not just book a hotel that has baths? I love a soak in a bath and would not stay in a hotel with only showers. Admitedly you need to do a bit of research and maybe even email the hotel but I have never had problems finding somewhere. Which resort are you looking at?
you can also buy an inflatable baby bath over here and take it with you.

if you are going self catering then the kitchen sink will do, thats what we used with our baby few years ago, if you are b&b, half board ect you wont have the option of the kitchen sink and the bathroom one will be too small
In all aparts that I have stayed in there has always been a big bowl to do your cloths washing in. This would be ideal to wash a baby in. If there isn't one in your room I would ask if they have one. Most aparts would be only to willing to supply you with one im sure. Di. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.