General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Any of the following: Doncaster, E Midlands, Manchester, Leeds, Humberside
Teletext, On the Beach, the first resort.com. When I was looking a couple of weeks ago there were some bargains from Leeds Bradford. A friend of mine went through First resort.com last week, they got a 3* HB in Malta inc transfers for £537 for 1 week total for the pair of them, found it last Thursday and flew out this Tuesday, they did ths same last year & managed to get a brilliant deal from East Midlands. They had been looking for a while, apparently if you can leave within about 3 days you can be really lucky. Me, I was after a late booking but chanced upon somewhere i really fancied booked it & paid for it & then it went down! Oh well :)
Well I suppose technically if you leave it less than 60 seconds before you wish to go then it won't be 'last minute'!
I would start looking now to week before you go. Thomson teletext page 276 often have a good bargain going.
Very true Hi De Hi, but in travel agent world, last minute seems to be 6 weeks.
did this a couple of times went in to the travel agents the day before we wanted to go and got a good deal tenerife all inclusive just over 300 ,there was a few deals or even try a couple of days before there's always deals going .
we booked the day before, BUT that was 17 yrs ago. £120 each 2 weeks in rhodes from gatwick. different now we have kids :cry it costs £0000`s now.
i would just keep searching but the prices may start to rise now with the fuel prices!!!!!!

sharon
i just keep looking at different sites everyday and when i see a price i like i book it thomas cook. thomson. travel republic are very good but you do have to print your own details out with travel republic not difficult if i can do it anyone can also first choice.another way is to pop to the travel agents let them do the hard work and find you something get a print out bring the details home with you and you will probably beat the price online. good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.