Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi

We have booked our flights, we fly on the 19.02 for three weeks, from Heathrow on Kingfisher, we have arranged that we fly up to Mumbai on the 8.03 to spend our last four days in the Grand Hyatt.We have paid £540 each.At the same time two other couples have booked with us, but they are not staying in Mumbai & have paid £505.We will book into the highland beach in candolim, price agreed before we left in March this year.Really looking forward to it.

Dawn
Well , despite a determination NOT to go to India for the 6th year running I find that I have just booked for a month in November.

:rofl surprise surprise eh ... NO not at all!! we go through this thought process regularly :think should we move somehwhere else?? but Goa always comes up trumps somehow!! ... so well done Dave enjoy... and Candolim is a great place to be, our house is in Candolim and its so near so many great places to eat etc and close to beaches, i bet you will loove it :tup
chilly
Think you will love Candolim and do try to come along to the meets :cheers

We thought about moving there but you never know who you might get for neighbours :yikes
e thought about moving there but you never know who you might get for neighbours

:shrug now who could you mean :D you know you would love it!!
chilly
finally bit the bullet and booked qatar from manchester 30/1/11 for four weeks the flights just wern't moving and the times with qatar are just right with short stops in doha heres counting down now just 28 weeks to heaven :cheers
just looked on air india,we paid £340 ,booked end of jan.exact same flight today£1042 :yikes ,am i pleased we booked early :tup
The airlines all seem to take turns in been the cheapest for a while, Air India are normal one of the cheapest but Jet seem to have been for the last month but it could be Qatar or Kingfisher next week.

The pound is still getting a bit stronger againest the rupee near 72 this weekend :tup
I think you also have to note that the fares quoted by Ht'ers are sometimes to Mombai or Delhi and not to Goa. Internal flights on separate carriers can cost dearly in both £'s, time and baggage allowance.
I have to say on time Qatar take some beating for a stop over flight if you get the right ones.

The rupee is looking better all the time, fell to 66 when we were in Kerala in March so nearly 10% better off ! Wonder where it will go next :think :think :think
Wonder where it will go next

up up up i hope!!

Chilly :tup
got flights mumbai to goa for £17 each :cheers
got flights mumbai to goa for £17 each

Wow........ is that the bottom line including everything ?
hi, the price i paid with kingfisher is all the way to goa,internal flights are with kingfisher, booked through sothall travel.. :wave:
actually got 3 flights each,varannasi to mumbai,2 days later mumbai to goa then 2 wks later goa to mumbai for £51 each,booked with travelocity.in as multiflight option :cheers yes includes everything
actually got 3 flights each,varannasi to mumbai,2 days later mumbai to goa then 2 wks later goa to mumbai for £51 each,booked with travelocity.in as multiflight option :cheers yes includes everything

Fantastic value Valleylady, well found !

I am just debating should I apply for our VISA's ! Am I ready for the challenge or shall I put it off until tommorrow . It's grey and miserable here so it's something to do. No point in hanging on until nearer the time as we have already booked to go to the Gambia in the New Year and a 1 year VISA would be no use later in 2011 either.
Decisions, decisions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
:cheers go on you know you want to :tup have to admit that we booked all our travel as soon as it became available at the end of jan,have to say the early worm stuff certainly worked for us.at the time of booking it seemed such a long way off,but only19wks now
I am reasonably happy with Qatar ex Gatwick at £902 although I think we only paid £718 from Manchester for the two of us last year. Waiting for cheap train tickets now but it appears to be too early to book to get a good price and a flexible deal . Premier Lodge Gatwick which appears easily walkable at 350 metres is only £29 per room per night in November so that's a good deal.
Going by train/hotel to Gatwick adds time and expense compared to us flying from Manchester but I won't have to pay parking and petrol and...........
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers don't have to worry about driving !
The holiday starts at home virtually !
not a bad idea,our flight leaves heathrow 9.45 am and we were going to travel up by coach the night before but instead of hanging around airport for about 7 hrs think we.ll get a room,so anyone got any recommendations for accomadation at heathrow please.
There's a Premier Inn a mile from Heathrow, prices for November are £29 as well, you'll have to check for your departure date. They don't mention transfers ( neither does the Gatwick one) and it's a bit too far to walk ! I'd give them a ring.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.