Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
3-4k should get you any 4 to 5 star holiday to Turkey, Where do you want to go or do you want advice?
Not bothered where we go, just want a great hotel where the kids will be happy. Was looking at Titanic, Royal Wings, Lykia etc for 2010
Have a read through the thread below as to what others say about Lykia world, But note it's only Half board.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13643&start=0
I don't think it's a cheeky question ;)

Next year will be our 3rd in Turkey as we have just booked today for the Royal Dragon sister hotel to the Royal Wings which is where we are off to in 2 weeks time.

We are a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child age 9) and I am happy to tell you what I have spent on our holidays to Turkey as they have all been A/I and to 3 different hotels 4/5*!

2008 - £1,938 - 2 weeks in july at the Oludeniz Resort hotel with First Choice
2009 - £2,366 - 2 weeks in july at the Royal Wings Hotel (free child place) with Direct Holidays :cheers
2010 - £2,424 - 2 weeks in July at the Royal Dragon Resort (free child place) with Direct Hilidays :tup

We spent about £600 in Oludeniz but that is because we chose to eat out a few times, I did the paragliding, we went to the aqua park and we also didn't mind going out and spending the odd night in a pub just for a change. I'm not sure how much we will spend this year however I feel it will be less than last year as there are a few different places to eat at the Royal Wings and also there is not much to do outside of the hotel.

All in all if we can get a 2 week holiday for under £3,000 including spending money during the Scottish school holiday term then we are more than happy!!

We went to Santa Ponsa (Mallorca) 2 years ago and the holiday cost £1,600 staying half board and we spent £1700 in 2 weeks = £3,300 nuff said!!

Until other parts of Europe get their A/I experience up to the standard of Turkey's then I won't be going anywhere else!!

Hope you get something sorted - good luck.

:sun2
rwb is mistaken - Lykia World is full board plus. The plus is, that you get beer and wine as well as soft drinks with your meals and there is food available all day from breakfast till late night snacks.
Have booked Club asteria in Belek, August 2010. For five of us I am paying £3585. Seemed like a good price so i snapped it up. Not 100% on the hotel though :think
Athough i could, i would never pay 3-4K for a holiday :que i have just booked 2 weeks in Icmeler, SC, for family of 4, for £1250. :D

It's not tight, i just believe i can get all that i want from a holiday without spending the earth. Also i don't think i would want to go AI, as we enjoy eating out at different places every night. :cheers

J.
What about spending money julian01? I am sure you are not making your poor wife slave over a hot stove for two weeks. We were B and B last years and must have spent well over £1000 for two of us!!
Yeah, will probably spend around £1.5K, but thats still way short of £4K!! ;)

Julian.
Here goes with what I have paid A/i in turkey for the last 3 years. I am happy to go with DIY or package . Whatever is the cheapest way on my chosen hotel and all booked straight off the starting blocks as soon as prices are released (more or less)

In all cases these were booked as 2 standard rooms between the 5 of us 2 of which are teens . peak season end July

4 x adults and 1 child for 2 weeks

2007 - Belcekiz beach hotel in Olu deniz . £3700 - booked via portland

2008 - Aegean dream resort in Turgetreis . Booked flights via Aegean flights for £600 . Accomodation booked via Thomsons £3000 with a free upgrade to sea view rooms + transfer of around £100. So again around £3700 but I paid for sons girlfriend to come this time so there were 6 of us (5 adults)

2009 - Hemera in Side . £3700 again - booked with Direct holidays

I think I've done pretty well so far considering I've paid more or less the same , give or take the odd £50 for the last 3 years . At the moment I can't find anything for next year much under 5K but then my child price is now an adult unless Im lucky enough to find a child price up to 14 as I did for this year with the Hemera.

if I were to go self catering or B+B eating out for lunch and dinner , drinks during the day and allowing costs for 2 teens to be staying out until 3 in the morning (which is what they do now) drinking and dancing I would probably need in the region of 3K spending money easy .
We generally spend 3-4K (including spending/drinks etc) on holidays.

We've had at least 1 free child place both times we went to Turkey (Side). For the whole holiday, it was less last year (eldest daughter is now being charged as an adult, so no more double free child places). So now spent just under 3k on a two week stay at the Arum for 3 adults (in family room). Will be half board, so taking just under 1k spending money. We like to go out for drinks after dinner - so will be heading to Lindas bar in less than 3 weeks!

Can't wait!

(Forgot to say we are going out the day before school ends for summer. If we had gone the week after, we wouldn't have a free childs place, and the price was nearly 2k more! :really )
  • Edited by CloClo 2009-06-28 10:07:20
yes, leaving bristol on 20/07/09, booked through tompson.
The difficulty comes when there are 5 of you, you pay so much more. For instance I priced up Titanic for my friend and her family of 4, it was £3500 (2 weeks school hols), for us as a family of 5, it was £2k more!!!! The supplements are huge!
Still bargains there if you look.
Booked as 4 adults: http://www.thomson.co.uk/thomson/page/byo/booking/traveloptions.page

Under £1300 if you don't take inflight meals, from Bristol 20th July, but only 1 room left.

Hope that helps someone! :cheers

J.
ok, still working for me, go to thomson.co.uk, leaving Bristol on 20/7 at 7am to Dalaman. Then its BAL APARTMENTS in Icmeler.

Try that, you could be on the next balcony to me! :rofl
Hi,
I have never paid more than £1,500 (plus spending money) for a 2 week A/I holiday for 2 adults and 1 child..... I have always been one of those naughty parents that take their child away during term time so I can get a free child place :que .....This year I paid £1,400 for 2 weeks A/I at the Grand Kaptan in Alanya but I will budget like we were H/B so we are still free to come and go as we please (There is no way I could spend 2 weeks without leaving the hotel)..... IMO there is no such thing as an A/I holiday as there are always extras, such as trips to pay for!!!.......Last year we went B&B and TBH we spent less (cost of hol & spends) than what we do when we go A/I !!!!

Kind regards

Meg :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.