Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
My advice would be to keep looking and book as soon as you find what you think to be a good deal. We have been there for the last 3 Christmas and New Years and anything under £700 is a good price. Last year we booked about 8 weeks or so before we went and it cost us £900 each, the most we have ever paid.

I have been looking for 3 weeks flight only for this year and BA looks to be about the best via Mumbai at around £700. Charters are an horrendous £1,100 each. :yikes We will be booking as soon as we come back from our trip in April.
Hello Pip, tell us all a bit more of what you want from your holiday i.e likes/dislikes and how 'comfy' you want it to be, you will get more help then.
I did 2 weeks for Xmas 2005 and we departed on 22 December = we paid 900.00 per person and that was staying at the Marinha Dourada - we booked through thomas cook brochure.
Xmas 2006 we departed on Xmas day and paid 850 per person at the silver sands in Candolim booked through first choice.
Hi,

thanks for your replys so far realy good of you, The ones i have seen today start at £1040 which i did think was a bit over the top, so thought i would just ask to get some sort of idea, What was expected, This might sound stupid about wanting to go when i have never been b4 but I am due to fly out on the 31st march but i have been reading the threads and think i would like to be there at xmas but thought i had better to try and book as i can only have school holiday so they always go up then any way, We are going for two wks this time, and we have payed £1800 for flights and accom which is at the ronil, but then of course you have to pay for visa and extra leg room ect; so would real like to get a good deal for xmas as we would really would like to be some where nice and hot never been away for xmas and new yr b4, So if any body heres of a good deal please let me know i will also let you all know if i find anything that i think is a good deal but as you see by what we are paying for this one i am not very good at it :lol: .

Many thanks you are a great bunch on here !! :D

Pip
x
:glynis :pele
Hi Pip, we have booked a charter flight from Gatwick with MyTravel flying out on 15/12 for 3 weeks and it cost us about £1200 for 2 people. We looked into flying schedule via Mumbai but couldn't get good connecting flights and would have been at Mumbai for hours or overnight which we didn't want to do.

There are pros and cons of flying schedule and direct, and for us it's not just the price. What we have noticed is that the prices have gone up since we booked in January (although they may come down again) so we're glad we booked it when we did.

Hope you find something and if you are there over Christmas and New Year come and join us for a drink!
:) I went 4 years ago at Christmas and stayed down south and paid a good price in a hotel, got a flight for 1 week 2 years ago and paid £400 ish each, have just booked a flight 8 - 30 Dec 07 and paid £600 (it went up £125 whilst waiting for the ok from work!! = not happy!) Flights have gone up but you always pay more to be away at Christmas wherever you are (unless you come back on Christmas Day - got a bargain £130 for a week in Gran Canaria 2 years ago!)
My family came out for Christmas this year and it was going to be very expensive to come straight to Goa so I managed to grab some flights to Mumbai for (as I remember £400), there was more traveling time but seeming there was 5 of them it did save at least £1,500 if not as much as £2,500!!! They had to find accomodation themselves which wasn't too difficult, but to be safe sort before you arrive as Christmas in the Calangute area at least is VERY VERY busy!
8)
Thank you all,

i will check out my travel and first choice. If any body knows of any other good deals would you please let me know. I cant go before late on the 21st dec and got to be back to be back at work for monday morning.

8)
Keep up your good work. :P

:pele
Hi

We have never been to Goa before either and have just booked for 2 weeks from the 20 Dec flyin from Manchester with Mytravel. It cost us about £700 each for the flights. We have booked accomodation at Lucia Gueshouse as the reviews of it on here were so good we were unsure about some of the reviews for other places that still had availability in the brochures :D :D
Thank you Lou, I have not looked today as now i am thinking what if i dont like it, so a bit undecided but will know as i am going in 27 days

wit woo
pip
x

Pip, just had a look at a couple and Odyssey have fairly good prices at the moment. 2 weeks at the Senhor Angelo in Baga is £838 each. Flights are with the dreaded Monarch but so are Jewel in the Crown and they are charging around an extra £200+ for similar accommodation.

New Year on the beach is fantastic and because many of the Goans are Christians, you still get Christmas decorations everywhere.

Why don't you take a list of the names of the cheapest accommodations with you and spend a little while checking them out while you are there.
Hi
thanks katie p will have to check loads out wont i will be taking a note book with me as i will need to make notes for the forum :roll:

keep them comming folks many thanks.
Pip
x
Just booked up for next New Year: 28th Dec 07 - 26th Jan 08.

Four week charter flight with the premium seats £760 each - best I could get.
We booked last night with Direct Holidays. Flying with MyTravel on 27 Dec from Manchester for 2 weeks staying B&B at the Village Royal in Calangute for £720 each. It was only an extra £50 each to travel a couple of days before Christmas.
:) Hi,

many thanks, i have checked it out but cant get the 22 i can only get 13th or 27th which is to late as we need to be in work on the 7th of jan. That is a great price what you have and again thankyou for letting me no so still got tp luck :cry: have a great holiday :)

Pip
8)

Hi,

Just thought i would let you know i have booked for xmas with oddessy costing £!800 for the two of us with acc I just had to book because we have struggled in the past to go away at xmas, and cost just keeps going up. so it done now just need to save lol

Pip
x :wave
:shock:

Sorry I forgot to say a big thankyou for all your help it was great off you all, and it should of read £1800

Pip
Walks thats great youve got booked up, glad to hear it :D
Walks I am sooooooooo jealous , I have been to Goa at Xmas and I loved it, which hotel are you staying in ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.