Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
There are several areas in Sharm that you can chill, the temps in december are 70-75, the sun comes up early and goes down around 4pm ish. The sea is naturally warm because of the coral. If planning to go to Egypt, take note of whether they have heated pools !! Sharm is very pleasant, not rowdy, no fighting, or drunkards all over. Its a great place to relax and be pampered. Naama Bay has the action, but majority of hotels are not in the centre, Sharks bay although not stayed there is beautiful and nicer beaches, Nabq bay is equally quiet. All these places you can use a complimentary bus to take you to the centre of Naama Bay for a small cost.

In Naama Bay i can recommend the Sonesta beach Resort, been there 9 times.

We are going to a different hotel this year nearer to Naama Bay called the Ghazala Gardens, very good reviews and prices with red sea travel.

Others i can recommend are the Marriott, or the Hilton but sea front not the mountain view and Novotel. There is a nice hotel on the end of Naama bay on the promenade called the Jolie-ville, that is really nice also. Most are all inclusive, JV i think is b&b, maybe half board not sure on that one.

Other people will be along soon to give you their ideas and choices i am sure.

Happy hunting:)

Michelle.
We have been to Makadi Bay twice and Sharm 3 times (4th come August) We will be staying at the Royal Grand Azure in Nabq Bay in August (Nabq Bay being our favourite are of Sharm) although this will be our first time to the RGA, it does get excellent reviews. However, although not in Sharm, If you are looking for a chill our holiday I can highly reccommend the Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Hotel (20 mins from Hurghada) Choice of several a la carte restaurants to use as many times as you wish, several pools, one of which is heated during the winter months (and needed!) situated directly on it own beach, and easy access to Hurghada.

Regards,
Pat
Thanks for info, i'm looking into egypt is 70/75 sunbathing weathr, sorry never been away at christmas, i'm going to look at nama bay, but hubby likes to just walk on the beach,I have been to makadi bay its very nice. What about tenerife is the weather warmer do you know thanks :)
I've only been to the Canarie Islands once (Gran Canaria) We went there in April about 12 years ago, and found the weather to be very much hit and miss.

When we went to Sharm in Dec 2004, as said above the temperature during the day was around 75. However on a couple of days I found myself having to go back to the room to cover up around the pool with a sweater (and I wasn't the only one!) Th evenings can be a bit on the chilly side, so would reccommend you take a cardie with you. Also, if you do decided on Sharm in Dec make sure that you book a hotel that has a heated pool, as otherwise, the pools are FREEZING!!

Regards,
Pat
hi all depends in what sort of holiday you looking for personally i go to the same hotel every year saint goerge homestay. reason why i recomend is hotel is more or less all british guests so no loud russains. staff bend over backwards for you also half way between narma bay and the old market so at night the place nice and quite and can get a great sleep. they do bring xmas and new year to this hotel as alot of the staff are christian egyptians. at new year they have a big gala dinner aswell. 20 mins walk to the old market about £2.50p taxi ride the hotel also puts on a free bus every night to narma anyway and the old market twice a week. but as everyones got diffrent views on hotels in sharm my best advice would be look on trip advisor dont go by the rankings as that only tells you how many reviews it has had look at the thumbs up part go for one around 80% up make sure the hotel has had over 500 reviews that way you can work out percentage of happy tourists) then also before you choose your hotel look at the location as some hotel are about 8 miles from narma bay and you dont want to end up away out in the sticks somewhere (check google map for location then directions then choose narma bay as directions to) find out the distance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.