Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
xmas
5 Posts
If you're after hotels with slides etc, you're probably looking more at the Hispanic Caribbean, particularly Mexico. The only hotels with a fun water area that I can think of in the West Indies are the Beaches Resorts in Jamaica (part of the Sandals group and therefore quite pricey).

In Mexico I can highly recommend the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo and Maya resorts, which have a lazy river, wave pool and huge main pool. Fabulous grounds, lovely rooms, great beach (though the Caribbean is a bit choppy there) and loads of restaurants and bars. Even has a shopping mall in the complex with cafes, bars and a disco that are also included in the all-inc package. Lots of activities going on day and night, thanks to the excellent Star Friends entertainment crew.

Best to book really early for xmas deals and availability, you're probably a bit late for best prices this year. Do be warned that holidays over xmas in the Caribbean are very pricey. Conversely, the 3 weeks leading up to it can be a real bargain.
hi will weather be good during xmas :)
Yes. December to April is the best time to go.
hi cajd
me'wife +2 kids off to mexico for 2 weeks 16th december.been dom rep over xmas before and maybe a bit of rain at night or shower during the day but in the 80,s.it depends if your going new year aswell but for our dates for three of you you,ll be looking at 4 to 5 grand.but that will go up if including new year.it all depends on your budget before you look.
dan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.