Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
ICD (Dom Rep) - + shorter flight time and shorter transfer; 17 nights rather than 14
- malaria tablets; been dom rep previously

:think You don't require Malaria tablets for Costa Dorada / Puerto Plata area of the Dom Rep.
It's a tough call because both are beautiful in different ways,but since you asked.

Having been to the Dom Rep, and more recently having just recently returned from Mexico for the first time,I would go for the Grand Palladium Kantenah,Riviera Maya myself. The beaches are better in Punta Cana,but the food was far better at the Palladium than anything I came across in the Dom Rep,the locals are friendly and we felt safer going out of the complex day or night in Mexico.The chance to do some DIY sightseing in the Dom Rep was all but nil,in Mexico is was easy.

Your call.
Definitely GP in Mexico. Been to IB* Costa Dorada nice but not comparable to Mexico :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.